My first build, 2020 LY Evo

Dude, awesome work! Super clean build, I wish my first build was anywhere close to this clean :joy:

3 Likes

Definitely appreciate all your help, thank you!!!

3 Likes

Very nice @Paul77 :star_struck: how’s the range on that Beautiful
Duck Battery Systems 12S3P Molicel P42A pack
And can we get a couple of side pics of that EVO :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Here is a couple side pics, not sure about the range yet it’s pouring rain, I know it can make it across the kitchen lol! I can’t wait for the sun now.

18 Likes

Well you beat me to it, doing pretty similar build, except with 12s4p battery and different esc. Backwards motor mounts look really good aswell. What’s the clearence at the lowest part? I’m still trying to figure out height of the raiser pads.

2 Likes

I dig the motor out the back look, the lowest spot on mine is in the front, ground to enclosure is right at 2in, I have a thick gasket (60 duro neoprene .25in) you could squeeze a lil more if you use a thin gasket, I also have .50in risers.

2 Likes

Added some tail lights for the night rides, motors cover up a lot of the light though.

5 Likes

can you give me tips on mounting an enclosure? I dont want to mess it up and i am really worried

Near perfect build spec wise. I have a ly Evo 40 rebuild I am doing next.

1 Like

I messed up my first attempt using threaded insert, looking back I think where I went wrong is I tried to drill to the angle of the deck. It didn’t line up after I installed the inserts (M4 inserts). I couldn’t recover another attempt at it as it left holes to close to where I needed to drill again. My only other option was to drill directly though. This time I drilled strait with not trying to follow the angle of the deck.

Make sure when you secure everything down before drilling you have your gasket on there too if you go rubber mat gasket route. I watched a video from a guy a subsonic that helped me out. Just when securing it before drilling don’t lock it down too tight where it makes it flex into a not natural state if that makes sense.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions just hollar at me and I’ll try to help.

5 Likes

I followed this video and messed up because I put too much pressure on the enclosure, which spread it wider. In hindsight, what I think is the best way is to first just drill holes in the enclosure where you want them, and then align the enclosure onto the deck and use a pen to mark on the deck where you should drill to place inserts. That way you can easily catch symmetry errors.

3 Likes

Exactly what happened to me, I clamped everything down too tight and it flexed back to normal and didn’t line up. Very smart approach @rusins

1 Like

Here’s my process that hasn’t let me down yet!

3 Likes

I would gladly compensate you on my next to do it haha!! That sounds like solid advice and will try that on my next build. To me that was the hardest part of the whole build.

3 Likes

You are a genius good sir! That’s really clever :smiley:

1 Like

For sure the most nerve wracking part

2 Likes

pro tip:
take as much beauty shots of it before you dirty it up on the streets :slight_smile:

slick build looking so clean! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is good advice, it gets dirty fast!!

2 Likes

What screws did you use

If you are asking about enclosure hardware, they are 10/32-1.5. I used those so if I needed to get in it on the go a skate tool would work for dem nuts.

1 Like