Motor making that loose magnet sound but no magnets are loose

The magnets are incredibly strong, I spent 20 min just trying to the last magnet back in place, and when the epoxy cured it was not 100% precise and the problem was even bigger lol

Im talking to maytech about this and im going to end up with new motor cans probably

1 Like

idk but all motors I opened up till now had 3 bearing, one in the front and two in the back.

Yeah I would say so too. I have had 4 motors in last year and 2 of them slowly developed this resonance at certain RPM to the point where If I accelerate more than just a little, it will do a crazy sound and lose torqueā€¦ That sound was there from the very beginning when I bought them but it was very minor. Trampa it is with everything from now onā€¦

Maytech had a bad batch where they used shit epoxy, their motors are solid now abused mine for the last 50km really hard on purpose and no problemo :smiley:

Trampas motors look cool, but a little pricey tho

1 Like

Hmm, fuck :smiley: I believe Trampa would make sure that didnā€™t happen to them. Their motors are one of a kind as far as I know. If I am mistaking, please fill in. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not totally wrong thouā€¦

1 Like

WHat do you mean not wrong when overheating?

I just say that people like to say that there motors do overheat pretty quick.
I do not have some by my own, so I canā€™t speak out if own experience, only what others write.
Frank is always welcome to send me a set of two to let me test it out by my own :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But till Iā€™m not proven otherwise I canā€™t see a reason why there motors should be any better than a hobbyking sk8 for example.

These enclosed Maytech motors do overheat quickly, they are not made for low rpm torque. There are no issues with Trampa motors to be found. Unlike sk8 that have cheap bearings. Trampa doesnā€™t cheap out on stuff, thatā€™s why their stuff normally doesnā€™t brake and makes problems. Will be getting their motors now and will make at least 10k km this year so after that I will know.

I donā€™t not say that there are no issues with other motors, but itā€™s also not right to say that there are NO issues with trampa motors.
Not sure if the old place will be back online anymore, but if it will you can have a look by your own.
Search for trampa motors overheating and you will get quite a view results from it.

There really arenā€™t issues, neither with VESC6, neither with their motors. Overheating can and will happen with any motor If you give it enough. I donā€™t count that as a real issue even with the Maytech motors. It is something one should know. They are enclosed, heat has nowhere to go so If you wanna ride hard and uphills then get open motors. If you wanna have top speed of 70 km/h and ride hard in summer, you will overheat anything pretty much. Mistakes can always happen, my point is Trampa is not crapping out on material, QC, anything. One of the reasons why their stuff is more expensive. Canā€™t wait to try out their motors.

Never came to this topic. We where just speaking about there motors.

Thatā€™s true. Itā€™s also true that as min one guy here was riding first trampa motors and than sk8 with same settings, same setup and sk8 performed better :man_shrugging:

Iā€˜m a regular Trampa customer and I canā€™t agree on the QC thing. I had different parts which havenā€™t been top quality. To be fair they always make things right or send you a replacement if you come back to them with pictures of the defective or wrong part.

Definitely go for it if you think they are worth the extra money. Wasnā€™t my intention to hold you back from it :ok_hand::+1: with those motors you as min get customer service. So if something will not be how it should they will take care about you. Something you do not always get with other motors.

if your main reason to pay 100 quid more for a better bearing thats a little weird, because for 10 you can get nice skf bearings and put them in your 80 quid motors :smiley:

I have had a chance to hold their vesc in my hands and it felt far nicer than any other

None of these small motors are able to handle even a constant 1 kw of power without overheating, if you would push 3-4-5 kw as they are advertised they would melt within 5 min haha

In the future I will work on constant 160 kW motorsā€¦

a tank of liquid nitrogen spilling over the motors, easy

1 Like

I am pretty sure itā€™s not just the bad bearings that is worse on those motors in comparison but the point is, how are we supposed to know? Only way to see for sure is to have someone look inside and describe in lame terms what he sees. ANd compare all the motors. I have not found that yet anywhere. Though through time I see and believe that Trampa motors really are better than any other. Will let you know how far I get with them without any resonating or problems.

1 Like

They weigh a bit more. Lets say a ton. ABB actually.

1 Like