Motor braking parameters on maytech 200A vesc ONLY -15A?

You miiight want to start lower on those acceleration numbers and increase as needed. 70A single drive will do burnouts if you’re not ready lol

Remember to put some decent ramp up/down times on the input if you feel it’s too jittery when grabbing the throttle or releasing

2 Likes

Also, look into replacing that ESC. My numbers are only relevant with an ESC that is built to actually handle those numbers. Otherwise start conservatively with motor and battery amps and work your way up until you get drv errors (and then back down a little) but not broken hardware.

1 Like

Haha I will. Yes, brakes are very important and I live in Norway so the hills here are rough.

I may haha, I am running a 15/36 with a 192 kv motor and O WOW is it quick. 50kp/h+

My dude, if you live in Norway please consider investing in a dual drive setup. I live in the flattest country in the world, aka The Netherlands and still find the brakes on single drive unbearable.

1 Like

Depending on the wheel, you may never actually reach that speed while actually riding it (12s4p pneumatics here. Geared for 55km/hr and it’s a task getting to 50… with 3kw power running through as well)

1 Like

I only weigh 70kg and have 110mm wheels and i have done 50+.
I am tempted but as i use paris trucks and a homemade motor mount it would be a bit more difficult or lot more money has to be spent

Paris trucks are hard to clamp onto since they are round. Consider getting some caliber style trucks instead.

1 Like

Yes, I if I would want to go dual thats a must

Boardnamics 220mm hanger £40
2 dickyho caliber motor mounts £28 (might be cheaper, message him. He does paris as well)
1 torque bar £5 (decent grab handle)
Don’t forget decent bushings with the new hangers

2 Likes

This is exactly what I would recommend!

2 Likes

The quoted article from Maytech has factual inaccuracies. @Agnes_Maytech

This is completely ignoring “Duty cycle” and the motor current can indeed be -60A while the battery current is -20A — and not have to dissipate 40A worth of heat in the MOSFET. This is because of duty cycle.

3 Likes

But could it get damaged by having -60A motor brake while the battery current regen is -20A? Keep in mind that this vesc may have bad quality and theres got to be a reason why maytech is so conservative with this values.

My last one got damaged and I think I used -60 or -70A motor brake and -8A battery regen, but I dont know if that was the reason for the damage. Could it be that these values where to far apart?

Maytech isnt conservative, that whole article is wrong.

Did you read this? Optimum Vesc settings?

1 Like

Yes I did, but they gotta have a reason for spreading false information right? I mean they have to know that the article is wrong, and that their vesc cant handle any hard braking or something and covering up with false information to make up for the vesc performance.

Its a two lane road.

A: the sales person is misinformed and doesn’t know exactly how vescs work etc. That’s where the maytech post probably stems from.

B: The reason for overstated numbers is because they hope it drives up sales since they look better than their direct competitors.

1 Like

So you think it is completely safe to exceed those numbers?

No, they’re entirely different stories. One talks abouts vesc limits not related to your esc and is wrong regardless. The other is their sales numbers which may be overstated slightly or a lot.

For actual usable numbers look into people using the same or similar esc in a similar setup (same s count at least) and copy their numbers.

2 Likes

An update about the vesc

I did exeed the parameters cause for sure that could not brake the esc. About 15km om the ride it broke. I am not sure if that was the cause, but it was for sure a strange timing. I totally agree with you about the parameters for battert regen and motor brake. I ended with a trampa vesc and it has been working like a dream. So my take on the maytech vesc is that it is garbage and has something seriously wrong with it. Maytech knows about the issue and tries to hide it with incorrect information and facts.

Did use the exact same parameters on the maytech as i now use and have been using for a while with the trampa vesc

1 Like

Trampa vesc will take 100A in all 4 ways without issues (except thermal but… what do you expect). What kind of bullshit are maytech up to?