motor and gear ratio vs weight of user and power

I am building a board for someone under 110 lb. (I can’t seem to find a chart for weight vs gear ratio+kv and power in any thread)
I have a evolve truck, a 10s3p battery (Samsung 18650s), a 38-inch deck, 120mm cloud wheels (so sub par traction) and hubs, a BMS, and a unity. (the traction isn’t the best, but she most likely would end up using those)
I was wondering I could use the 2 220kv 5055s I currently have… or should I get a pair of new 140kv motors?

What gears (and motor mount) should I buy given my parts list? (gear ratio wise a link would be nice too…)
I want the board to have enough torque brake as fast as the cloud wheel traction would allow… but at the same time can go as fast as the parts would allow…
Thank you guys ahead of time any advice would be greatly appreciated…

1 Like

Is it four Cloudwheels? Or only two?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :call_me_hand:

This part is confusing are you going belts or hub motors?
Belts
16T motor pulley
40t-36T wheel pulley

You can put all the different ratios on the calculator

4 Likes

220 and 140 very different, for the gear ratio what is your goal, high top end or hill climbing or something in-between that?

3 Likes

hey I need some help. I need to drive 10in wheels for a monstrous off-road skateboard I got. I only got 170kv 6374 motors thinking they’d be plenty based on the specs but now that I have them they seem tiny for the application. I’m just wondering what kind of gear ratio I would need to make them work or if I should figure something else out? my driven pulley on the wheel is 64t and drive pulley is 12. that’s a ratio of 5.3 based on a calculator. now the motor is going to be running off of a 36v battery so around 40-42v max. so that should give me around 7140rpm with a full battery. after gear ratio around 1300rpm. with a 10in wheel that equates to roughly 38mph. I’m just worried about torque since its an off-road skateboard, but 12t is smallest and 64t is only size for the driven wheel hub.

If you can push 90A per motor (but idk your settings) that will produce around 420N of thrust. That sounds like just enough to blaze it to my ears, but I don’t MTB. Maybe somebody who’s more familiar with the discipline can chime in about how much thrust you’ll want to have.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry so much about the motors.
For inspiration an example what you can get out of 4x 6364 motors.

Does anyone know the standard size bolts that hold a hobbywing 6360 motor to its motor mount? The 4 bolts one loosens and retightens when adjusting belt tension. Thanks guys!

I don’t have any of those but most esk8 motors use M4x8 or M4x10 socket cap 10.9 alloy steel bolts.

1 Like