MBS trucks on non-mtb deck. What do I need to know?

We did ours by ourselves.

About 20kg

2 Likes

So i went the “instant self gratification” route and added a 1/2" spacer to the front and back for testing… Def turning better but still not enough for the typical lean I’m accustomed to… I’m not sure if its my expectations are slightly off never having tried this type of truck… Or if possibly the medium blocks are still a lil too stiff for my weight, I’m 140lb, I don’t like super carvy boards as i like speed and stability so hmm for now…

1 Like

Throw yellows on the front and keep the rear orange. Made a whole world of a difference to me at 150 lbs. If you grab a 4 pack, you could try yellow/yellow as well and just tighten the rear a bit more.

2 Likes

I bought a protractor as well while at home depot… Kind of hard to fit in between the deck and truck BUT this looks to be about a 27degree angle which 25 sounded like the minimum when i was doing my research so I’m wondering what a low 30dgree pitch would produce =/

May have to throw some washers or nuts or something in there

Who wants to help me redesign the wedge since its needs to be redone anyways?

So heres my thoughts: this things is riding high off the ground, respective of tire size. Obviously this is due to using a standard deck which only offers top mount or drop through, where as a mtn board has the angled nose/tail but places the trucks more in line with the deck height it self.

using a standard wedge just places everything under the deck but only gives the needed wedge to make the trucks turn and work.

so what if we can get the trucks to wedge and move upward in front of the nose/tail to help reduce ride height??

so enjoy my chicken scratch below but thought would be to re-do what was done and luckily i have a drop through which leaves a little bit of freedom for material IMO,

another top plate like usual but maybe an extra 1/2 of material toward the front to meet the wedge.
another based plate but maybe around 6" total length with the mounting holes at the top, and then the wedge combines the 2 as usual, might be less contact surface between the 2 vs a standard wedge but since its steel im feeling like it would be strong enough still.

thoughts? I need to come up with some rough measurements for communal verification. maybe ill go hack some cardboard in a bit =)

3 Likes

One of my ideas but there are a lot of other good ideas and concepts in the thread

The gbomb style angled deck extension looks cheap and easy as long as it doesn’t bend. It’s towards the bottom of that thread.

2 Likes

ok good im not crazy…probably just learning what everyone else did when they mounted their first pair of these on a flat deck…its like im riding a bajaboard…but no bells whistles or anything else… def need to get these trucks mounted in front in order to reduce ride height =/

@Venom121212
And voila!
Arts and crafts time is done!

Thoughts?

The trucks would mount at the upper most part.

Actual I forgot to off set it to clear the drop through thickness

3 Likes

So when you move the trucks forward, the rest of the bottom part of the wedge is useless. I like that idea but simplified down to:

And then it comes down to that weld/bend strength.

Maybe the wedge underneath would help it not bend?

2 Likes

thats kinda what i was thinking as I was looking at your current drawing vs my mock up… rotational force on on the weld as a one piece , maybe with a wedge in the center connected to both its knida like riding a hydrofoil, i dunno, and maybe the force is a bit more centered.

So my buddy is going to redo the wedge based of.my lil cardboard template. He didnt like the idea of just a bent looking single plate wedge…welded or not he doesnt feel it will last the test of time. Said the wedge will add stability and distribute force better as u lean left n right so i gotta make some accurate measure ments and then send an off.

I just wanna make sure we get it right and wannna confirm cuz for some reason I’m double guessing myself but the 35degree pitch.comes from the negative space right? Pic attached…

1 Like

Yes exactly. Trampa does 35° angle I believe. Mbs does 30° not sure if you have a preference. The 35 will be more carvy, the 30 a bit more stable.

And a loose pic of where the trucks would be in relation to the deck… Deck height dropped to a more reasonable height as to be expected…

1 Like

That’s gonna look sleek on the hummie. I’m excited for this.

Feel like with the trucks pushed infront on the nose its gonna look like a Prowler… U remeber those cars?

Now… How will i mount my headlight to clear the truck lol

I might just just him weld me a small square tab level on the front of my wedge with a mounting hole for the headlight hardware.

Instead of a riser which will give you alot higher ride you could go with an adjustable Baseplate

Plus Minus 50 Degrees
asking 150€ for a pair

20 Likes

I feel like you need to make a new thread with every new awesome product you make. Do these have a dedicated thread yet? Solid design work.

3 Likes

yeah these def look awesome and way more useable… u still get a ride height bump tho with them under the deck no? vs the angle tip of a mtb? but that adjustability puts and end to having to decide which angle
u want!

@Venom121212

i had an idea last night as I was looking at some sketches…
but since my buddy is using 2x1 square tube i was like why go down to come up when we could just go forward?

im waiting on his thoughts but just use the tube horizontally straight out then angle. way less work and material over all…kinda like a selfie stick angled riser :thinking:

1 Like

The only concern is bolt clearance when attaching the trucks.

How would the inside 2 truck bolts marked in red attach the baseplate to that 2" tube?

80784913e073a2702929fb19bb59a658e0a333b4_2_1380x776~2

Maybe just shift the angled plate down a bit to make sure there is clearance for the bolts?