MBS 9" wobble =(

I’ve taken apart this hub and put it back on multiple times to try to get rid of this wobble but it won’t go away. I’ve also checked if there’s a wobble with just the hub on, and there isn’t–so it’s all in the tire somehow. I have no idea what the issue is here. MBS 5 stars with 9" tires.

1 Like

@xsynatic had some seriously wobbly hubs because of the tyre

6 Likes
2 Likes

its not a balancing issue. The tire wont go on straight

@SeanHacker knows what it’s like struggling to go straight. Maybe he can help.

7 Likes

Askew axle?

Let me tell you…mbs tires suck (atleast the 8 i have)

The aliexpress tires i bought were immediately better. But as always. Your mileage may vary.

according to mbs itself they don’t have quality tires.

Screenshot_2020-03-23 Order Issue #6633 - mkxvpn73 gmail com - Gmail(2)

Refering to this ( i have more)

here are some videos. (sadly youtube only uploaded them in 480p from mobile and compression sucks even though it was recorded at 4k i think)

4 Likes

fuck man that sucks.

@Mainflow not the axle, otherwise the hub would wobble and it doesn’t. Just poopy tires I guess

Is it noticeable when riding? I would figure any vibration or slight rubber excess In a part of the wheel wouldn’t be that big of a deal except for high speeds perhaps.

Yeah it’s super noticeable when riding, otherwise I wouldn’t care =(

2 Likes

it feels like this just up and down.

4 Likes

Oof. Too late to return em too… sorry to hear u need to replace em :confused:

this is actually really accurate lol

1 Like

Exercise while you ride

1 Like

@xsynatic you got any cheap 8" recommendations?

1 Like

With sore legs :joy:

1 Like

for now i can recommend the aliexpress tires. Compared to the MBS tires they are pretty hard itself and have a max pressure of 40psi (3bars) instead of 60psi (4bars) from the mbs tires. What they have less in pressure they make up with harder rubber. Can’t tell you anything about the longevity yet, i only had them for 80-120km so far. Couldn’t test it in the last few weeks because my board ate half a dozen of belts.

6 Likes

Can you wobble the wheel and hub left and right on the axle? It looks like your whole gear plate is slanted and wobbling with the wheel which could just be a spacer issue.

I had this on my gear drive until I added 2 tiny copper washers and it was perfect.

4 Likes

Noticed that too Not only does the tire wobble but the “whole” assembly does. Fixing that might reduce it by a big margin.

For me it was the tightening of the gear plate on to the wheel wanted to pull the gear away from the case to where there was a 1-2 mm gap between the gear bearing and the truck clamp. It wasn’t as noticeable on bergmeisters but I could feel the whole assembly wobble a bit and it made me investigate.

1 Like