Maletics vs kweld who’s used both?

Yeah, I found an STL from 2017. I didn’t want to sign up with email to download a damn file.

3s2p. But was scanning through documentation, said something about 30v max input?

It did not. But the wire jumped more than I expected. Haven’t touched one in almost a year.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the recommendation is to not go higher than 12V because of excess energy (?) .

1 Like

50J weld

The sound is amplified 2/2 the recording phone being wedged in round tube sitting on the same glass.

A test strip of Amazon 0.2 “pure” nickel in yellow brawndo, bc its got electrolytes.

Subjectively, this feels easier. Package is smaller, and 3s happens to be extra convenient for me.

If I make a li-ion pack, I’ll break out the thermal cam to compare probe heat in hands to the malelectrics footage I have. I was able to heat probes up to temps I couldn’t comfortably hold without gloves.

3d print sucks. Redo later with a 12v fan on top.

1 Like

Nothing you haven’t seen before. Practice on a usb charger rebuild with old cells. Missed the cell below once and the nickel vaporized.

The probes were pretty warm, and the as150 connecting the battery and kweld were also heating up.

I don’t remember the malelectrics getting this hot so soon and I used it on auto with the minimum trigger delay. I used the foot pedal here.

Anyway, none of this matters unless side by side welding on the same nickel and cells.