MakerX 100v 200 amp vesc. Anyone know the guy?

Emailed a long time ago. He didn’t answer

Want for a ebike/ Moto project.

Besides BESC 100 volt, which is huge, who can support 100 volts 18-24s and shit tons of current

3 Likes

Dono, but i see some non branded Enertion Crossover Wheels there.

@YUTW123

This is the Maker X guy.

4 Likes

Prompt communication isn’t really their selling point or strong point for that matter. There have definitely been some people that have run the MakerX standard sizes and several others that have tested the stronger ones but imo it is still a pretty untested product.

Someone else might offer other opinions, but the feeling I have gotten overall is that they are decent, but don’t run them over their voltage / amp limits

I don’t know if you read this thread or not but there is feedback in here

3 Likes

Maybe he’s been kidnapped

@YUTW123 blink twice if somebody is holding u hostage

4 Likes

I offered him to test the 100V VESC. He first agreed to send me one, then he wanted me to pay for it. So there is nobody here which tested the 100V version. Just read about communication problems and long shipping times so far.

2 Likes

Looks dope but seeing the caps do not run them above 21s / 88v if you grab some… It’s easy to market an ESC at its components max rating instead of its actual functional rating, it will blow at 100v I believe…

@YUTW123 feel free to demonstrate otherwise, it will be good news!

Edit : Pure assumption, but if the caps are 100v I guess same goes for FETs and gate drivers too right?

1 Like

Both wasn’t the case with my order. Not the 100V vescs, but shipping was quick and I got an answer to all my additional questions. Not directly on the first day, but that’s also not what people always need to expect.

4 Likes

The 100v ESC test is not very stable yet.
We are currently launching a vesc base on 7530,
Supports two versions of 75v 300A and 75v 100A
Stay tuned~

6 Likes

i see a caps in the 100v makerx pic rated at 100v - that’s only good for up to 20s li-ion. the 200a rating seems aspirational given its construction. @YUTW123, good to see you here

just seems like running 16s on a @Trampa esc is a better bargain for now, even if you have to run it at a higher current. folks are already using it, and it’s reasonably priced.
Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 8.05.32 AM

2 Likes

100v 200A can work, But can’t support many motors

1 Like

What motors can it support?

Bonus question: Why?

2 Likes

The inductance and internal resistance of the motor have a range.
Beyond this range will not work.

1 Like

@YUTW123 Is it because it doesn’t have adjustable voltage and current sensors like the Vesc 75/300? Does it just have trouble with low inductance motors?

1 Like

We don’t want to have unnecessary after-sales. We suspend shipment of 100v 200a indefinitely. Until it can work stably.

7 Likes

How’s the progress on this? @YUTW123

1 Like

tbh I would rather see a pile of fried ESCs than nothing

I’m going to be testing shortly. When he sends me the 24s version

5 Likes

Any updates?

1 Like

There is a 24S version?

1 Like