Looking to buy some Begmeisterhubs and wheels preferably 6”

These pneumatics from meepo are probably the cheapest around?

1 Like

I have gone insane with the amount of flats i had… Just to make clear since English is not my native language.

You kept the haggy inner tubes? But changed the outer tyres? I have hard time making clear what does tube and tyre stands for…

Thanks

2 Likes

Tires⬆️
Tubes :arrow_down:

4 Likes

Yes, exactly correct.

2 Likes

What about metro 155 style tires?

I agree I’d rather spend a little more for a quality product for sure.

The reason for the bergs is so I can use them with the M1 gear drives as it has an adapter for berg hubs, I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of kegel or abec core hubs for pneumatics.

Im finding out though with diy there always seems to be a solution.

1 Like

Surfnacho was making some, with Kegel core, called infinity hubs. Abusfullofnuns has them on m1 gear drives on a build he is working on. New so pretty much untested- have an interesting bearingseat/Kegel adapter thing. Lead time could be an issue tho.

1 Like

Interesting will check them out, Thanks

1 Like

Can you elaborate on that? I just bought a few sets of tyres but they won’t be going on Berg rims.

1 Like

Berg tubes pop often, the people at Haggy gave rubber o rings to all customers to put on the base of the valve stem so the edge of the stem hole in the hub doesn’t cut the rubber

Based on personal experience that’s not the issue, all of my holes have happened at least 10mm from the stem, most on the far side on the outer face

3 Likes

Local Berg Troll popping in.

I have still not had issues with Berg tubes and I’m well over 200lbs. One valvestem issue and two flats riding with Justin. One of them was due to a foreign object inside the tire with the tube.

I have worn 3 sets of bergs out and my daughter has worn a set of rears out. She’s had no flats.

High quality pump and gauge with proper air pressure helps. I also like to use a layer of gorilla tape to line the hub.

4 Likes

Same here. I think there was something whack in the tire mold. After I soap and water cleaned them all, the flats happened less often. Idk why but they pick up dirt inside the tire like crazy

@abusfullofnuns you still using the berg tires or the 6x2 tire with berg tubes?

1 Like