Line-x my deck, yea

sounds dirty kinda.

but i’m thinking about coating my deck in line-x, is that a bad idea?

these guys did it on a normal skate deck, seems legit:

only question is would it collect dirt and crap? and would it be difficult clean?

@Sender any thoughts?

3 Likes

I haven’t messed with line x too much. But I saw someone do it fairly recently and it looked pretty good.

What about grip? Just the line x enough you reckon?

If it doesn’t go well you can always just strip and/or sand it off too. No harm no foul.

Collects dirt like a mofo but tough as nails. They use it in truck beds for a reason! I’d totally do it.

2 Likes

If you have a bunch of clay or something you can spray it on in a pattern on the deck

Wait guys you must call the line-x king.
@Linny that for you :grin:

2 Likes

it’s the rocket deck and the haya short deck so the lids will just get normal grip and watnot.

2 Likes

@thisguyhere i used flex seal and it came out just like the line x. Not sure who is more expensive but yes dirty and no real glossy look.

2 Likes

so you’re saying it collects a lot of dirt, more than a normal finish would? and is it easy / hard to clean ?

2 Likes

You should just grab some damn epoxy and CF and skin the bottom of that Haya.

Hell, you can skin the lid too and it is bad ass.

1 Like

i live in a small ass apartment, i ain’t spraying shit around here.

am i gonna have to send it to you? seems that’s the direction this is going.

3 Likes

Never looks clean anymore.

1 Like

oh…yea F that then.

3 Likes

Nahhhhh, but I am always down to if you want, lol. Hell, you always have tons of cool shit I would always gladly trade for BMSs and nickel and shit.

But give the line-x a go and see if you like it!

Always just a belt sander away from a fresh start.

My Haya lid

5 Likes

Haha, truck bedliner is the best.

I sprayed the top of one of my decks with these, and then sprayed from a distance like 1m from the deck, it makes a rough-ish texture similar to griptape. Not to mention its easier to clean since I can use a wet cloth and wipe. Surprisingly it grips your feet well.

10 Likes

i don’t think it is. it’s like ultra strong.

and…like i said, tiny apartment…etc.

alright, let me think this over.

2 Likes

wait, so you’re saying it’s easy to clean?

hm…i’m gonna call the line-x shop around here and ask questions.

2 Likes

That looks so cool! The picture is then sprayed on top of the bedliner layer using a template?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, line-x is super easy to clean, as long as you’re not afraid to use some water. Think truck bed liner and your experience with it. That shit is durable and hassle free

2 Likes

You’re Going to want and make sure it is airtight if youre going to spray it down with water. trust me I took a rag and some water It did not help very much just left fabric on my board. Maybe im not cleaning it rt @Zach?

2 Likes

Well you used flex seal, which to my understanding is more ‘rubbery’ than a truck bed liner such as line-x.

1 Like