Lil Commuter the Pocket Rocket

Sick deck my dude, love the shape of the Rocket.

1 Like

Yeah it’s SUPER confidence inspiring, and has hella wheelbase options. Freaking love it as an everyday board. Just mad that this Unity took a dump right after I made it fast lol. I didn’t even get to max it with the new battery.

1 Like

Update, so I got some moon gears and venom mach1’s. In order to make them fit with the 6354’s I needed to switch up the mounting and run dual diagonal. I also changed out the fried unity for two focbox’s I tried to run makerX’s mini vesc6’s but one of them got fried while setting it up somehow :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

I’ll take more pics once I finalize setting but right now I’m running FOC 60/60 motor, 60 bat max, and -40 regen.

11 Likes

Did some testing yesterday, dual diagonal isn’t for me, really not into diagonally accelerating. I’m going back to dual rear, but I’ll just run one motor out front of the hanger and one out back. It’ll be uggo but it will brake and accelerate straight.

I might try and run the non-idler boardnamics mounts so I can “tuck” the motors better and move up the rear trucks so Its at least a little hidden, idk we’ll see, but it’s not staying dual diagonal for more than another 24 hrs.

3 Likes

Easily the ugliest drive train I’ve ever assembled but it works. Having one motor poke out the back like an old dude’s ball falling out of his shorts is fucking with me.

11 Likes

It could look better… Some wider motors that fill the space between the wheels could look a lot better, but I wouldn’t do it just for aesthetics.

Bummer dual diagonal didn’t work out… Those venoms don’t quite look broken in, wonder if that had anything to do with it.

1 Like

I have some lower KV 6365’s on my evo board that I’m tempted to try out, honestly I’m not sure if I’m feeling this set up at all, I might go back to the 90mm’s, these feel cool but the clearance and lack of erganomics with this new dual rear set up is annoying as shit to commute with.

I’m going to play with my mounts more to get the rear to have more clearance but right now I’m close to going back to my old set up.

my antispark seems to have taken a dump on the way into work this morning too -_-

This was my favorite board to whip around on short trips or to work for awhile and now it’s not so I’m feeling like I’m doing it a diservice right now.

1 Like

Baby’s first loop key

4 Likes

You get used to that shit so quickly you won’t even know it

Plus smashing the brakes in rain is GREAT on dual diagonal

3 Likes

Idk man it felt so weird to me. All my other boards are dual rear. I could see getting used to it if that’s the only board I rode I guess, but since I usually ride at least 2 to 3 different boards in week I don’t think I could get used to the lack of similar accel and braking on just one of them.

1 Like

Andddddd I’ve reverted back to what I know works well for me.

Mach1’s and moon pulley’s weren’t working out (my fault tried to use them for something they weren’t designed for)

So I’ve gone with another small diameter white wheel ahmyo 76mm’s

Running with 12t motor and 36t wheel for now for thee torques but that only puts me at about 23-25ish mph. So I’ll see if that’s enough and adjust from there. Knowing myself I’ll prob change emm to 14t motor at some point.

Tried to run with single 6374 for a day but decided it wasn’t enough and had the parts for dual with some 6354’s

Pic when I had it as single for about a day lol

1 Like

What was the problem with the venom’s?

didn’t have enough axel to properly run them with press fit moon pulleys on the SR TKP’s. They’re about to go on that Madrid in the background on tb218’s.

2 Likes

Sweet build I’m loving that deck and enclosure your giving me some good ideas. @Brently did you wrap the enclosure or paint it?

1 Like

Wrapped. Has held up ok. But looks good from 7 ft.

2 Likes

I switch between dual rear, and single rear all the time — and used to have a dual diagonal in the mix. I actually like single drive, its simplicity and lightweight and long range are sometimes nice.

1 Like

So bit of nostalgia for me, I got my hands on an brand new empty haloboard shell, my first eboard was a haloboard v1 it was a piece of shit(it got returned within a month and I bought a boosted…) but I always remember loving the deck. Moved the drive train and put a 10s2p from when I first got this build going in there with my smallest thane.

I want to keep it low for now but I’ll probably end up putting risers and boas on it eventually. Right now she tops out at 22 :rofl:

She’s lighter than ever as well!

3 Likes

Added a metr pro:

2 Likes

Spent some time on this guy last night. Added a makerx go-foc(yourself haa) dv4 and some 90mm’s. Internal wiring is cleaner now and that makerx fits perfect in the original esc spot.

10 Likes

3 Likes