Lacroix hyper trucks vs mbs matrix

No, because only the 2mm radius corners would need to be filed to something like 4mm. The concentricity will be kept because the 4 datums are the 4 sides of the square, not the corners. Filing the sides down would certainly mess things up.

Tbf, to fit in a 22x22 adapter, the sides would need to be filed

Issue is the 2mm radius corners.

Oh i know, i was just assuming trying to make your existing 22x22 adapters work with m3. Rather than making a new adapter.

Ohh yeah that’s what I was saying too. Sorry that was kinda unclear @Boardnamics . Yeah if you’re only doing the corners I definitely don’t see an issue with that but what do you think about adjusting the size of the hangar’s square profile (via filing) to fit smaller, preexisting adapters?

1 Like

I can’t imagine taking .1mm off each face wouldn’t be too hard to keep accurate enough.

Edit: wouldn’t

1 Like

Taking 0.2 off each side by hand accurately wouldn’t be easy. If one does one side at a time and measures, I suppose it would be possible. However, the radius would still pose a problem. The apex air clamps are 22x22 but have 5mm radius corners.

Yeah but how much does it really matter when the backlash is adjustable anyway?

The wheel gear/ wheel adapter will no longer be concentric to the wheel, which is “perfectly” concentric to the axle. The axle is the main datum.

1 Like

Ah true. Yeah i can see how that would be a problem.