Kicktail Riviera Ursa Major | 6x2 | Low gear setup

Hi, already started another kicktail build, this time with this beauty of deck :slight_smile:

I want to see how much I can lower the budget and still have a quality build. Main decision was to replace the (excellent) 3DServisas geardrive by a belt setup with 3D printed pulleys along with 6x2 tires from AliExpress. Still the cost lies around 1200€…

Another change I want to make is to target no more than 40 km/h and have really great torque on it, for driving mostly offroad (as I do now with my previous build [1]).

Still unsure whether I go with 6374 motors or even bigger ones…

The enclosure remains the most challenging component for me. Planning to use the one from electriclongboardsolutions, which has decent dimensions (inner: 50x15x4cm), perhaps only a bit too narrow for this board.
If anyone has a suggestion for the enclosure please let me know…

Specs

Top Speed: ~40 km/h (25 mph)
Range: ~20 km

VESC: MakerX DV6
Battery: 10S3P 40T
Trucks: Boardnamics 270 hangers + Boardnamics adjustable baseplates
Mounts: Janux Dual Idler mount for Caliber trucks
Wheels: 6x2 Nylon
Wheel pulleys: 3D Printed (60T)
Remote: VX1
Motors: 6374 or bigger (140 kv)
Gear Ratio: 15/60
Enclosure: ?

[1] Previous kicktail build: Kicktail 38'' | SS Mini gear drive | 10S3P P42A | 2 x Maytech 6374

5 Likes

Will you keep both boards, or will 1 be going to someone else?

1 Like

I’m not planning to sell it (I love it!) although not totally against the idea :slight_smile:
My kids also ride esk8 so I can use both…

3 Likes

First chalenges have arrived :slight_smile:

This Janux mount is too small for 6x2 tires. Also realized that any passable mount would require too much precious space, has I have to mount it inwards.
So, I’ll go again with a gear drive. I decided to try the @moon one has it is the only one which allows close to 5:1 (like The Doors song) gear ratio.
Only problem is that it seems the upcoming batch won’t support 2.8’’ hubs. Still have to sort this out as I find 8’’ wheels too big for a kicktail.

Another thing I noticed is that the standard Ali 6x2 rims don’t fit in the BN hanger. This is probably solvable with @mishrasubhransu 3d printable hubs. In any case, I might end up needing to use another kind of tires, which would be a shame…

@xsynatic could you please close and delist?
I’ll just create a new build thread when it’s ready.

1 Like