kaezone's first build | simple street longboard | build planning

I’ve heard good things about the dickyho kit, and the shipping to NZ is relatively cheap.

The Flipsky VESC is definitely just a stand-in until I can find a good VESC to buy, possibly second-hand.

1 Like

For the ESC check makerx or xenith (depends on you budget)
For the kit, i’d go with a maytech kit over a flipsky one if i’d have to choose between chinese kits

1 Like

I really don’t know, so i can’t argue with that. The thing is that I just switched to gear drives (from belts) and the reliability and maintenance change its huge.

That is good then, I do recomend tho that it’s better to buy 1 time and spend as much as you need that to buy sever times, so if you have the flipsky esc at your disposal already it’s ok to use it. But if you buy it with though of upgrading it in the future you would be better off waiting to reunite the rest of the money!!

That’s my experience at least!

1 Like

Still can’t edit unfortunately, so I’ll have to update here. I’ve been looking at picking up some more work, and it’s looking like I’ll hopefully be able to push this project further.

I’m considering switching to dual 6374s, and a 12s3p or 12s4p pack. While this city might be extremely flat, the extra torque might be nice if I encounter wind resistance. I’m also considering ditching the old cheap deck, and looking for a nice drop deck.

If anybody has suggestions for where to find a stiff drop deck in NZ, please let me know :slight_smile:

There’s alot of FB groups selling longboards ATM since it’s going into winter. I’d check those out first or even trademe

Keep an eye out for a landyachtz switchblade or a rayne demonseed. Both awesome decks. Both double drop.

Like this…

David Remmerswaal /

4 Likes

Damn thats a sweet setup. Offer $300 and see how you fare @kaezone

Yeah I saw it and was tempted but already way too many projects on.

I’d start lower. $220 - 240.
Should be able to get a better deal, it’s a bit beat up, cosmetically. good deck and trucks for esk8 though. The seller is legit too. Bought stuff from him before.

1 Like

Looks pretty nice! I was hoping to just buy a deck-only, but if I can get a complete for a decent price then I’m OK with it. Unfortunately I’m still shopping around for extra work, so I’m not able to start buying things yet. Thanks for the tip, though! I joined the Christchurch esk8 group + Gnartearoa, so hopefully I’ll be able to find some things when the time is right.

1 Like

I believe there is a WTS (US) sale right now with one of these…@ryansinatra

pretty sure nacho scooped it up the second he saw it :rofl:

Doh! This is why I don’t play matchmaker.

Cheeeap switchblades.

1 Like

Holy shit. I wanna buy them at that price :rofl:

1 Like

Me too.
So tempting.

Edit
Took one. Woops.

One left…

2 Likes

All the good deals pop up when I’m broke :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the esk8 train, you’ll soon start to buy all this shit even though you are broke ^^" walks away and start crying

1 Like

Sounds about right

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’ve got a very late update. Unfortunately, it’s not really a good one…

I got hit by a car! Or, rather, I hit a car. Skated directly into the passenger A-pillar at 30km/h. There’s photos of how I looked after the accident on my Reddit account (/u/kaisparkle) - I figure I shouldn’t upload them here directly, in case some people don’t want to see that.

Police said that neither of us were at fault - driver didn’t see me at the crossing because of the sun at my back, I didn’t see the driver because I was in a rush, and frankly going too fast. Normally at this particular pedestrian crossing, I’d come to a full stop, even if I knew there were no cars. Unfortunately, due to being late to my maths lecture, I didn’t…

Here’s how my board looks now (stripped of components - the hardware was fine):

Sadly, I’m now out of the little work I had, and I’m not really able to work right now anyway - I just had surgery to repair a 4.5mm depression in my left orbital, and my right arm is still in a cast due to a fractured knuckle. Building my next board is probably going to take even longer, and I’m gonna have some trouble repairing this one, but oh well - uni student life :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes