JUMPINATOR II | MBS DW II | E-TOXX | lightweight MTB

Could be that we even bought from the same shop :joy:
Mine came as well not battle hardened.
Mine are custom 220kV and they do scream like crazy going more than 35km/h.
They do as well get super fast super hot just from carving and they are so heavy that my etoxx mounts got lose on both sides.
I hope you will be more happy with yours in the end, but don’t expect too much.
I settled back to 6384 size. Think that a longer bell doesn’t really work for our needs. As minimum not without a second fixing point in the back.

1 Like

maybe they finally found the container full of motors? I didn’t got a respons from APS today…

Don’t even start buddy… we’re all hoping for the best to our orders and prey for un-broken motors :pray:t5:

1 Like

DF Hobby Model Store? :rofl:

Common :flushed:

Hmmm I was hoping for more powaaaah and less temp issues (just a dream). Didn’t you feel more power compared to 6384? I mean the difference between 6374 and 6384 is quite nice so thought 63100 must be the shit.

@K692 I even got a tracking number recently :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

That’s why i upgrade from 8072 to 80100… more powaa, more kaboom, more weight but less heat :pray:t5:
First bump for my happyness is the bill from the bearing Order…

Lucky fellow, but a tracking number on my site is a big progress (it’s even listed with 4kg so i hope for the best)

1 Like

Exactly :joy:

About powa, I can’t say really. I did only carve with them and I had them at 85 degrees C after 15min. A closed can design has not only advantages.
First ride I wanted to take them off road the pinion shifted and during fixing this I found out that both motor mounts came lose and started to shift. That was the moment I took them off my board.
We right now have 30ish degrees, guess I couldn’t even ride 10km flat without them overheating.

1 Like

I went to the dirt park a few times last week to get back in shape. I also had to shovel for hours to get the tracks back in shape. Unfortunately I feel a little insecure on the bigger jumps, I need to get the crash out of my head. I then practiced grabs again on the medium jumps which was a lot of fun. I especially like the front truck grab which feels so awesome.

Unfortunately riding fast with 8 inch tires is very unstable so i always wanted to try 9 inch tires for bigger jumps and finally it was time.

The positive is that fast riding is very stable which is great. That’s it with the positive.

Jumping with the 9" is incredibly terrible, I did not expect this. Although it is only 0.8kg more weight it feels extremely heavy and clunky. The flight characteristics have also deteriorated with it. I jumped for 10-15 minutes to get used to it but it didn’t get any better. That was it for 9" so quickly back to 8". Wow, so much better!

I disassembled and reassembled the trucks several times last week for various reasons. First, now both squeak like hell, the bushings/kinpins have quite a bit of play. Second, all the shockblocks are a bit damaged because they were absolutely not in the right position on the baseplate. they were twisted and crooked, even the screws are bent.

I had to find a solution to keep the new shockblocks in position. I just used 2 big washers which have the same distance as if I had compressed the shockblocks. This works great and feels good when riding. I tightened the bolts so that the shockblocks just don’t lift off the washer and have a stable base.

Yesterday after work I went to the dirt park and shoveled first and was looking forward to jumping but… Houston we have a problem.

WTF happened there
The tire is warped and broken so unfortunately no jumping that day, that has never happened to me before. I wish I had a spare T1 tire…

6 Likes

Whoaaa I wonder if you landed with enough force to break the bead. The tube was still in tact?

I didn’t enjoy the 9" tires for jumping either. Felt way too hard to lift off the ground with them.

3 Likes

Meanwhile I disassembled the wheel and could inspect the tire further.

Compare the 2 holes :joy:

I have no idea why it’s so stretched because the inner metal ring is not broken

The tube is alright but not on a different spot

8 Likes

I love this thread @rich
What is your favorite (do it all board /some jumping)? thanks :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks bro :grin:

Do you mean deck only or also parts or setup or all of them?

2 Likes

I think he means all

2 Likes

Really nice seeing your progress @rich , hope one day I get balls to do 10% of what you do, I think my board tires never left the ground once

And I fell your pain with thing breaking all the time, makes me remember my RC car days, while it was really fun, the damage and required maintenance every time you enjoy it a little to much made me put it away, I think it’s on the same shelf for 4+ years

For trucks, do you think you could replace the axles without damaging the hangers? There are some material you could try to see if you stop bending them

4 Likes

Im just going to throw my 2 cents in on the “Turning angle increasing when board compressed since the tips go up”

If I ever land front wheels hard first(very hard landings), the tip goes up enough to make the board hypersensitive to turns and can cause wobbles or even just falling off due to an immediate sharp turn. This effect definitely exists, and I have to account for it on large jumps as it makes the board hyper responsive when landing.(again in small jumps this is a non-issue) I don’t know how much it impacts max turning radius though, I’ll have to try it out! I can do circles inside a parking spot with barrels though so I never worry about turning radius min/maxing strategies since its already very agile.

2 Likes

Hey guys!

After a long forced break, I’m finally back in the game. I missed riding and jumping very much and also to discuss with you and to exchange experiences. I’m looking forward to many new adventures!

In the last 2 years I have tried to ride a board a few times but I always got sick and quite dizzy. That’s why I bought an e-bike in 2022 and a dirt jump bike in 2023 to slowly get the feeling for jumping again.

My sense of balance isn’t as good as it used to be, but I feel ready to ride again

The previous board looked like this

It’s time to change some things

I’m switching from Matrix II to Matrix III trucks because I had some problems with the old ones. The kingpins/hangers became loose several times during each ride, the motor mounts often shifted and the welds on the tubes broke. Here is my last repair with epoxy.

I currently use the Matrix II trucks on my commuter and so far nothing has become loose after 3 rides, but I also don’t ride off-road with the board. I had completely forgotten how great it is to ride an electric board!

I bought the wide Matrix III trucks with additional 70mm axles. The new trucks feel very good and stable, I love all the improvements, well done @MBS !

I tried in vain to remove the 50mm axles. Look how the Allen key is twisted when I used a lever of 2 meters (78inch). The bit is also broken.

Time for more action, after 1 minute with the blow torch they were easy to remove

compared to Matrix II

When I looked up the trucks on the internet, I landed on the @ApexBoards webpage and saw the package offer together with the jump drive. I read through the manual and was pretty impressed, so I couldn’t resist and had to buy it!

The drive is so small and seems great, can’t wait to use it, going with 5.5:1 ratio.

My next first world problem was that I had to have the combination with Apex motors, the assembly without gluing is great, so I spent even more money.

The 2 motors feel different when spinning (cogging torque), hope this is no problem.
During motor detection one motor made some “string” noises so I opened it and found several loose windings but nothing broken. So it was time for some epoxy.

The battle hardened rotors by the factory look good.

For the beginning I have 4x6s lipos for 2x12s light battery packs for jumping. I plan to use a system for easy swapping. I have a few ideas, but I have to implement them first

That’s it for now, more to come…

16 Likes

Stoked to see you back buddy! What a lineup of parts you have :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you so much bro! I’m excited :cowboy_hat_face:
More parts coming next week!

1 Like

Me when I do shit like this.

1 Like

I wanted to know how the board rides with the new trucks, so I went on a trip

I went to a pump track with the bike and with the non-electric board

There is a concreted jump line with 2 tables, falling is prohibited here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I first had the white bushings on the inside, which was fun but way too soft. It was better on the outside, later I’ll switch to red bushings

There was also a nice pool but it hurt quite a bit when I crashed there :joy:

I felt pretty helpless without motors and was way too dangerous for me. I can’t wait to go electric again!

I first had the white bushings on the inside, which was fun but way too soft. It was better on the outside, later I’ll switch to red bushings

I received some 20A charge only smart BMS for the battery packs

I also received 2 ABS boxes for the batteries but unfortunately they are too small so I have to send them back and find others.

5 Likes

No video of you jumping?

1 Like

Sorry no video of shame! I didn’t even make it over the first jump because it was impossible to pick up speed with bindings and heelstraps.

But I have a new camera chin mount for the helmet and soon a new camera. There will be a lot of videos this year. I didn’t jump since 2021 so who knows what will happen.

8 Likes