Issues with sensor detection fw 5.2

Hey guys, I’m back. I downgraded to 23.46 with the Unity tool, and redid the setup, and I think everything worked well. But then Davega doesn’t work… Has anyone successfully installed a davega on a flux?

I think there may be an older version of the davega fw that works with unity fw?

@janpom could clarify

2 Likes

Maybe I talked too soon, does that mean that a sensor is not properly detected?

I’m so done with this, like @Tony_Stark said, “Sensors are a PITA”

1 Like

Yep, that indicates motor 1 hall is whack.

I hate sensors and wish motors just worked perfectly without them.

1 Like

You need to use the DAVEGA firmware v4.01 or v5.00. It lacks some features but it works. Please see the CHANGELOG for details.

https://davega.eu/fw/CHANGELOG.txt

With v5.02 (yet to be released) there’s already a warning message that you’re using the legacy Unity firmware and that you should downgrade DAVEGA to make it work.

You can of course also just use the v5.x VESC firmware on the Unity.

2 Likes

If one or two sensors are faulty maybe it’s worth just running the rear two sensored and have front two unsensored? I’ve not tried it but it might be ok because as soon as the rear gets u going, the front unsensored will be good. I’m not sure if you’ll still feel the front cogging or not??

3 Likes

This sounds like a great idea

Yeah thats a good idea for the 4wd, but right now im focusing on the flux thzts only 2wd, and one of the motors is saying no

1 Like

Thanks! Yes i did run the Xenith on fw5. 2 but that’s what started causing these sensors issues…

I’m having the same problem ATM, was this fix successful?

I’ve had the same issue on 5.3. started with one motor not detecting but now both don’t detect.

2 Likes

What ESC are you running?

Didn’t even know this issue existed, might explain my sensor issues @Skyart :eyes:

I think it might bro, I don’t even know at this point lol…I’m going back to 3.65 and calling it a day

1 Like

Haha maybe I’ll try going back to 5.1 and seeing if it fixes anything!

Stormcore 60D

1 Like

Damn me too that’s why I asked. I just installed new motors and one sensor will not detect I double checked and resoldered my sensor connections thinking it was a mistake on my end. Right now I’m running on VSS but would like to use the sensors for smooth startup.

Also using VSS and honestly I was very surprised with just how well it worked. Start up for me is smooth enough that I’ve been rethinking sensors lol. I mainly want the sensors for temp compensation.

1 Like

Afaik you can still use temp sensors without hall sensors

2 Likes

So I hooked up my Xenith which is also on 5.3 and still cannot detect the sensors. When I get time I will downgrade to a known working firmware and give it a try.

One of my temp sensor was working but it recently stopped. It’s not the sensor as my Xenith could read it still.

1 Like