Is somebody riding in duty cycle mode?

that’s 60a bat per vesc which is the firmware limit with 4.12 vesc

and even if you set your motor current limit to 200a, this is actually limited to 120a motor by the 4.12 firmware

like I said we use 6.6 and we may use the no limit mode as well.

can you tell me your tire diameter, # motors, kv, resistance, gear ratio, battery voltage

The Evolve trigger feels like a speed/power differential trigger. Say top speed is 40mph with 100A available (for easy math), 75% trigger pull from 0mph means 75A applied, tapering off power until 30mph. But if speed is currently 30mph with 75% trigger, and the trigger is pulled 100%, the ESC will only add the difference in speed: 25% speed left, so 25% additional amps, 25A (on top of what it is currently using) until 40mph is reached.

1 Like

200mm, 6396 170KV, 15/72, 50V but how does this influence the throttle curve?

2 Likes

any idea of the resistance detection? ohms law

2 Likes

No, I’m sorry, but again, why does it matter?

1 Like

Because VESC doesn’t control speed, but power, so to know how to set your power controls properly, it’s important to know what kind of power you have available at your control.

2 Likes

one last question, how did you measure this… the reason i ask is i think the vesc is firmware limited to a lower battery current than this but i can’t find the specification online

1 Like

You are right. But in duty cycle mode it’s exactly like I would expected it, besides the braking problem. But I see, there is no solution for this problem. We need to contact Benjamin.

1 Like

Oh! didnt know that! thanks!

Depending on the stretch of road, terrain, obstacles, ect. I’d like to be able to “floor it” without worrying about constantly adjusting/ fine tuning the speed, and checking/estimating what actual speed I’m running at.

It’s also good for hard carving on pavement. I’d want to “floor it” and have the speed kept constant. Even 1-2km/h fluctuations based on throttle finger jittering can mess up the carving rhythm.

Yes, some remotes have “cruise control” but I like this solution better

2 Likes

Using Metr. Pro.

so you pulled 120a battery per vesc or total between 2 vescs (60a per vesc)?

1 Like

120A max bat.

1 Like

so you had 2 motors, and each pulled 120a bat, totaling 240a bat?

i think you mean each motor pulled 100a motor current and each motor pulled 60a battery current, and are adding these together for the 120a bat and 200a motor figure, because you said your motor limit was only 100a

here is a comparison of your setup with 100a motor 60a bat vs 60a motor 60a bat:

^i think the reason you are having an issue with your throttle range is the area of the bottom left chart circled in red. i suspect each of your vescs is actually firmware limited to 60a battery, even if you input a higher value. the reason for the decrease in motor current at the higher speeds in the 100a motor current chart is that sustaining 100a motor current at full throttle would exceed the 60a battery firmware limit at those higher speeds.

2 Likes

There is no way currently. I made duty cycle request fix to Vedder over year ago with no luck. He didn’t see the need at the time

I would bring it up again in his forum. Someone recently mentioned they needed duty cycle mode with “neutral” for some heavy machinery or something

1 Like

In a different thread he explained that bat max is 60A per VESC and motor max is 100A.
2WD = that’s why he sais (60+60) 120A batt max (from battery), but motor current is max 100A per motor, not 200…

2 Likes

I think he has a different problem entirely. I think his gearing/top speed is so low that only 30% throttle will max out the motor erpm electrically, at which point more throttle does not give an increase in speed.

2 Likes