is geardrive wear-in a thing with completes?

the friction is coming from the motors themselves. i took apart one geardrive and spun the motor only, there was lots of “stepped” resistance.

That sounds normal, it’s a BLDC motor, it’s a property of this motor type. All BLDC motors have this, though to what degree depends on the exact motor.

Check it on any other board you have as well. You should feel the steps. Usually 14 for belt/gear drive motors and 22 for hub motors for a full rotation, but there are some different motor specs too. Unless it feels significantly harder to rotate one than the other, I don’t think anything is wrong there.

I think the difference between the 2 consumptions could very well be the seal of the gear drives, but it’s just a guess.

friction and thus consumption seem to go down the more I use the board, about 0.5wh/km after each full charge. will let everyone know how low it can go. and no one is does not turn significantly harder than the other, a tad harder, hard to describe. I would love to get more range though, was expecting way more range than a blasted v1.

ok I got some news, I put some kenda tires on my v1 plut and guess what, resistance immediately jumped to levels of the v2 board (also with kenda ones) for now it looks like the kendy tires have more roll-resistance, and the drag from the motor is negligible in comparison (which is counterintuitive, as when i turn it, it clearly turns harder heavier than the v1 motors) will let you know more in the future. anyone having similar experiences with kenda vs mbs?