InfinitySink Development Thread - 2020 Community Influenced Universal Heatsink

focbox bottom case:

The three holes hold the top case on. they do go all they way through but they are threaded. so they wouldn’t serve to pull against a threaded hole in the heatsink.

but on the bottom underneath where the fets interface are 4 more threaded holes presumably to bind a heatsink to. ( they are 30mm x 15mm rectangle on centers. )

1 Like

oh what the heck, designed with the three holes yikes

can you send the hole distances for those pls

and then also…heatsink holes won’t be threaded right?

1 Like

Anodize them, it will increase their emissivity. Seeing as most heatsinks do not have access to moving air, it makes sense.

3 Likes

thanks kevin lmao, yes I plan to call up some of the local guys. If it fits in the price, I will make it happen

Focbox base case.
All holes M3 threaded already.

2 Likes

thank you sm.

so you think we need to use the 4 holes in the left hand corner then?

1 Like

Not sure if threaded holes in the heatsink are the best choice? Could make it difficult to get any torque down between the esc and heatsink? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

the TB6 diagram shows a few threaded holes, but it looks like all of the other ones just use through holes

1 Like

ok sick

Hey man dont drill all the holes! Just dent them so people can drill it themselves. If people want their holes predrilled (:rofl:) they can maybe ask you.

Will look nicer and more waterresistant.

You can add a picture to your website which esc has what holes etc.

7 Likes

the four holes aren’t used to my knowledge

2 Likes

This is a really good idea

4 Likes

lol…then the three??

which is it? At least i duplicated part instead of changing it. What are those four holes for then?

I have been think about that. Def good solution, I am just working on implementation rn. have to have a smart fin layout that doesn’t need counter bores

2 Likes

The four threaded holes do abosolutely nothing. I think maybe they could be used to mount the FOCBOX to the inside of an enclosure or something, but I’ve never seen them used. The three holes do in fact hold the PCB down to the heatsink but it does need that raised part like that… that may be the actual problem here

2 Likes

yeh good solution. There are a few options that I need to look at, then I will ask yall

2 Likes

Or you could use only the four holes, not the 3 holes, and still keep the bottom half of the stock aluminum.

That might be best actually.

But it will make it slightly taller.

Basically the entire assembled FOCBOX would mount to the heatsink using the four bolts, instead of just the PCB mounting to it.

2 Likes

I think that would be the way to go. Kind of weird how they are positioned but probs fine.

also whats ur opinion on two screws per instead of 4

Four is better but if you had to do 3 or 2 to make it work, I don’t know

I’m not looking at it in CAD :rofl:

1 Like