iLogger - Updates / Support / Dev [Serious]

Could you send the debug log from the app to have a quick look?

1 Like

sent!

1 Like

First thing I noticed is that CAN baud rate on the iLogger is set to 50k, change it to 500k, apply settings, and see if it solves your problem.

Doing it now, itā€™s been taking a while to connect during all this setup, stays on ā€œDiscovered Servicesā€¦ā€

Im working on a fix for that on this upcoming update, it should solve that issue and make initial connections very smooth.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great! okay changed to 500k and applied, no luck

I forgot to ask, which vesc FW are you running? Can you try to disconnect CAN cables and use UART? Switch the mode from iLogger settings to UART instead of CAN.

Fw: 5.2, will try UART now

I have switched to UART with no improvement

Is this supposed to be ā€œUARTā€ even when using CAN?

Yes, but also switch to UART from within the iLogger port setting.

1 Like

Yup, still nothing

Hmm :thinking: Thatā€™s weird, I donā€™t see changes on FW 5.2 that would make communication not work, Iā€™m going to update to 5.2 and get back to you.

1 Like

I updated to fw 5.2 and can confirm its working on CAN.

Are you connecting CAN like this?

Yup, it should reflect the wiring diagram from earlier just with the bms unplugged.

Could you send me debug log again with port set to CAN and baud rate set to 500k?

1 Like

Just sent, I did have to move around some wires in the harness as it had the CAN high going to the CAN low when I received it, now CAN low goes to CAN low and CAN high goes to CAN high. I have tried it switched as well and there is no difference

Iā€™m using uart, does the ilogger need both 5v and 3.3v from the uart port? On the diagram it says NC on the 3.3v so I didnā€™t supply it to the logger. (5v measured at 5.02v with multimeter)

Thereā€™s only an orange light and not showing up on the android app.

It only need 5V to power up from UART. Orange led indicates that it is powered up properly, green led is for Wifi connection, Blue for SD card.

Does the iLogger show on Android Bluetooth list?

Btw there is a bug on UART that I fixed and will be available as an update today or tomorrow.

It doesnā€™t show up at all, i tried doing the SD card firmware update from earlier in the thread but the SD card led doesnā€™t light up

First, make sure your SD card is formatted using FAT32.
Next download and place update.bin at the root.
Before powering on, hold the reset button, and keep holding for 3 seconds after you power on.
Blue LED should now start flashing very quickly, meaning it is updating.
It should take less than a minute before it auto restarts and shows up on Bluetooth list.

A major update will be released very soon, which fixes many bugs on Android app and makes BLE connections smooth, keep an eye on that.

1 Like