I was part way down a 11% grade bike path when my remote died.

Do it :smirk:

1 Like

I’ve often dreamt of a slide shell that goes around my remote hand like a swords guard

This fancy too preferably.

2 Likes

werkin’ on it… brother… I’ve already scarred the hoyt cases using it as an emergency slide puck… a slide face than can easily attach to the face of a puck with a replaceable slide face is in my future…

stay tuned to this spot

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

an epiphany happened when @DerelictRobot flipped the installation shell installation screws back to front on an early puck-puck-bruce

2 Likes

That’s kinda what we got here.
Got our hands on some fiberglass for making casts and made an omni-puck.
It actually had a ski pole handle on the inside.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This is why I love my vx1 remote. I know people say they have a lot of issues with it, but I have never had any problems, I have launched that remote to the fucking stratosphere and it’s holding up, it also give a very annoying vibration when it’s almost dead. My board cutting out on a downhill is my worst fear. Which is why I never fly down long hills

probably the scariest moment I ever had was when my remote died. And I was headed down a hill that ended in a 5 way intersection and I didn’t have the light.

1 Like

I was ran over by a car going in excess of 30~mph

I never considered putting down my foot
I never considered sliding the board, I was on 150mm widened metros
I looked for a soft-spot and gave up the board, yup the car ran over it…

I was rolling in the golf course grass

2 Likes

i’m sure someone has tried it…

but not me

board sliding pnuemmies?

I don’t think it would end well

1 Like

Is that guy wearing a bike helmet? What a badass

Riley’s got quite the collection of helmets.

MVI_2079_0001

The Happy Meal helmet is my favorite.

4 Likes

Cant they make a first slowly, gradually upping brake when you lose remote contact? That would seem the best option no?

1 Like

On my street board, I use a retractable lanyard on the remote attached to my pants belt loop, or clipper onto my waist, and wear slide gloves on both hands. If I need to slow down fast all I worry about is sliding… I just give up on the remote and focus on the slide while the remote retracts out of harms way for the most part.

Definitely practice sliding in uncomfortably tight spots if you haven’t… Path not much wider than your board is long? Sure, usually going off the path isn’t a huge deal depending on the terrain off the path.

2 Likes

I had a similar experience we were on a long ride and hit with a sudden downpour we decided to step up the speed to get to our next stop (pub). I went up a steep hill and down the other side my VX2 died my board killed its power but no brakes I hard turned up a drive way. This threw me of the board but landed on the grass. After that I water hardened all my boards and remotes. I wish I had one of these…

I love Toronto, it’s all flat everywhere you go, but if I lived in a hilly place I would seriously invest in one of there for my mountain board!

1 Like

I know The AWOL guy he had some decent gear sadly he’s no longer in business. I have a few of his decks. Mostly china grade components. His completes were cheap and starting to get traction but they were let down by Chinese bearings and bushings. His mountain board stuff had a tad too much flex but I think perfect for kite boarding.

1 Like

I have set up to 10amp safe break at the VescTool, 3 weeks ago going at 50 km/hr loosed connection (run out of battery on my mini remote). It was a soft and safe stop…Very happy with that future…

1 Like

that :arrow_up:

That is a really good idea

2 Likes

How did you accomplish this?

1 Like

I use 10A here…It saved me many times…I`ll suggest you to start with a certain amount of A and then increase it until you find your sweet spot…This has to be done insitu,

2 Likes