I sold all my esk8 stuff and i feel great!

yeah i get where you’re coming from. I myself feel like I’m at something of a crossroads with my board too. I’ve put an unreasonable amount of time and money into it and have been telling myself that after I finish it everything will be great and i can just enjoy riding. Well i pretty much finished the board, but then only rode maybe 40 miles before crashing and totaling the expensive deck… while it worked, riding was one of the most enjoyable things I’ve ever done, but it seems the costs will just keep piling up, and honestly, it seems like the cost/minute of riding may never get down below a frankly sickening level. there’s also the risk of serious injury, and I’m at a point in my life where i cant really afford for that to happen to me. idk. on one hand, i want to avoid the sunk cost fallacy and just quit while I’m “ahead” (lol), but on the other, I do really enjoy this stuff.

5 Likes

Meh, once money is spent, it is spent. If you can have some fun with the shit you bought and then make a return on it when you’re over it, that’s a win.

2 Likes

This just went from pending to SOLD.

Where are you @xsynatic, i need you bb

5 Likes

A fresh start is so nice sometimes, can’t wait to see what you put together

4 Likes

haha

penis

HA
MADE IT BEFORE LOCK

2 Likes

yeah that would be ideal. The issue is I built my battery and it was my first one so I’m not sure anyone else should be comfortable buying it from me, and a large portion of the cost of my board was from making my gear drives, so there’s just not really any way to recoup the cost effectively.

Just forget that. A return is not the same as a recoup :sweat_smile:

I suppose it comes down to what you value.

Money has little value to me. Experience has maximum value to me. All of these parts have enabled some sort of experience for me that I am grateful for. And now somebody else can take something from them. And i get a bit of cash in return.

As one of my very old friends likes to say… “the big wheel turns.”

6 Likes

So curious about these, they look beef! You going to give us a thread on them puppies?

3 Likes

yeah i totally agree. i think having money for the sake of having money and buying random expensive bullshit is dumb. From my perspective though, the single biggest deciding factor in how many great experiences you can have and how great those experiences are is how much money you have the throw at them. For me this pretty much just comes down to how much money i can thow at my projects, since thats generally what i value most.

2 Likes

nah, i dont have a thread. feel free to pm me tho.

1 Like

“the big dick swings”
:helicopter:

1 Like

Sorry I wasn’t as quick as the real mods /s

9 Likes