I need help halo board beast

Hey everyone, I have a halo board beast that speed wobbles at any speed over 18. I was told the double kingpin set up on the board wasn’t meant to go fast. It’s supposed to be able to get up to 32 mph in it’s current configuration. So are there any rkp or LaCroix style trucks that will fit the board with the direct drive motors? I’ve already tried to tighten down the trucks and changed out the bushings. Any help is appreciated as I am ready to rid myself of this board.

1 Like

How long have you been skating? Do you put your weight on the front foot? Do you steer with your front foot?

1 Like

could try harder durometer bushings from riptide

edit: GO HAWKS

2 Likes

I usually try to keep my weight distributed on both as I ride my eboard like a traditional longboard. I tend to heel toe to steer/carve. I tend to put more on my front leg and lean forward when accelerating and more on my back leg when braking. I’ve been longboarding for 12 years and boarding for around 3-4. I had a boosted stealth before this and I would cruise in the 20’s without issue.

2 Likes

I’ve just ordered the hardest set from riptide, hopefully it makes a difference (96) the last set on it was 91/92. Also I just found one of the bolts for the truck was missing. I bought this board as refurbished from halo board with 150 miles on it. Thanks Go Hawks!

1 Like

Unless there’s anything obviously loose, I assume it’s not really the board. I don’t know if your 18 represents freedom units or kmh.

A quick search on Google suggests the board is similar to an evolve GT bamboo I have on double kingpins. That does 55kmh quite happily on smoothish roads on 97mm thanes. When the bushings were too soft, after I first built it, it would wobble at about 45kmh+.

It’s true that DKP trucks aren’t built for speed, but generally consumer level pre-built’s don’t go that fast anyway so this isn’t too relevant.

I’ve never spent money on buying flash bushes that could otherwise buy me pints of fresh and yummy craft beer, but ideally you want softer bushes in the front than the back. You could try barrel/barrel/ bushes board-side on the rear truck.

I had to learn to put more weight over the front truck, because even at 75kg I was bending rear evolve axles weekly. This helped a lot with stability also.

2 Likes

Happy to help!
I’m a daily DKP enjoyer. I’ve gone over 30mph on them, so they’re not inherently bad. If you enjoy the sharp, carving feel, I bet you can fix your issue with just the new bushings.

One thing I recommend, is when you’re swapping out the bushings, try mixing your new and old (softer and harder) bushings. Typically on DKP, I find that a board feels better with softer bushings in front/roadside, and harder bushings rear/deckside

On my Tynee, I have a mix of Riptide Krank White, Green, Red, and Grey. I posted about it here;

3 Likes

I’ll close this thread but I appreciate the recommendation, I installed 96 hardness riptide bushings to the board. I went out to test ride, the board immediately crapped out on me. The motors free spin, but as soon as you add weight the remote disconnects and the board shuts off. Im dealing with beast board now as it only has 153 miles on it. I bought a prototipo with 500 miles and it’s 100% better. I think I’m going to have them fix it and sell the beast board.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you upgraded to something better :call_me_hand:

2 Likes