Squall, a small mountainboard

This board will be something. Why did I build it? idk. I had the drivetrain, esc, and battery. Picked up a deck and some trucks, called it a day.

Huge thanks to @tomiboi for routing out the deck for me. He did an immaculate job (as always) and it made the build possible

16s3p p42a
SKP solos
Newbee RTKP
Newbee 4gs 55:11 (will prob go down to 44:11)
Newbee Impaler rims
RS tires soon :tm:
Flipsky 6384 190kv v2
Tomiboi honeybadger with wire channel

Although the build is mostly done, there are a few more updates that’ll come, and I like making build threads because I’m a whore for likes

15 Likes

Here’s some size scale between my kaly 2.0 deck and this. It’s a smidge smaller, and the old kaly deck is already really short

5 Likes

Stubby?

1 Like

Small deck energy

6 Likes

That’s a hot slot.

2 Likes

Please don’t bring my mom into this.

First ride

Urethane efficiency and I’m not going all that slow. Holy shit

2 Likes

Makes for a good board name. Evan’s Hot Slot. Exposed so everyone can put their dirty little eyes on it.

Since I made the slot, isn’t it kind of my hot slot? I hadn’t realized how short the old Kaly deck was. That things a midget.

2 Likes

It’s perfect the way it is :joy:

2 Likes

One day i’ll just casually have $1k+ in parts layin around :pensive:

that’s the life

3 Likes

They’re all off of a board I bought a few months back. Ended up not liking the deck and weight of the batty, sold those and spent part of that money on finishing up this lower end reincarnation.

Important context haha. I’m just a college student that has spent every dime on esk8 and tools. Working summers and blowing through the savings by winters end.

7 Likes

Well it all makes sense now, still outshines my parts stash by more than a lot

Being college age myself makes me go ahhh stop spending money on the green stuff and spend it on the cnc and anodized things

Awesome build, hoping to do the same thing soon to my daily but being as it’s a daily that has run into some issues lol

3 Likes

Canadian deck for scale

5 Likes

I have never ridden a short channel board.

My shortest set up was the Haero, and after getting into the Flux it felt too small for me.

I am curious what the shorter wheel base is like…

1 Like

Most people hate it. Board feels too responsive, almost as if you went half a duro down on the bushings. The more upright stance is much more friendly on the knees and makes jumping with bindings easier.

Sometimes I bring my back foot up for a shorter stance.
Kind of a way to rest.

It never lasts.

I naturally push my feet out as far as they go.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s typically how it goes. On longer boards like my 4wd Croix and my metroboard, my feet aren’t touching either end. I’ve just gotten used to being very upright.

I am not sure I would like that vibe on channels.
I expect it turn the twitchy up to 11.

It is still one of those things about esk8 I really want to experience some day…

This board is very twitchy rn. I’m going a durometer up +chubbys on the rear truck.

My setup with PKP trucks feels super planted. 35 is no biggie, but ofc it’s not all that turny. The short wheelbase does help in that dept tho

1 Like