Hubs for Metroboard 155 AT Tire

Wow trampa customer service are :+1:, just got email that they will sent me spokes replacement, hope they are better time, really want to rideā€™em.

2 Likes

Can confirm the fitment on MBS however you will get a more rounded tire profile at the recommended psi. I would go for MBS, mainly because theyā€™re like $15 a hub and are actually really nice.

5 Likes

Nice, have you try them? Is there any wobble noticeable on mbs?

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried them just yet. @mmaner has though.

2 Likes

Yeah, they are great. Its a great way to get 6in wheels on trucks with 12mm axles.

4 Likes

What spacer you use, on which axle you are planning to use

What about the spacer, i saw no spacer on mbs website, use no spacer or custom one?

MBS doesnā€™t recommend spacers. They have told me that the spacer only prevents over tightening. That makes sense, but I prefer to use them. Bearing spacers for MBS Rockstar 2ā€™s are typically 22.5mm wide assuming standard bearings. You can get them here.

The most fool proof method is listed below, this is a direct quote from @MBS.

The best option is to measure your bearing to bearing distance on your specific hubs, then subtract 15.8mm. For instance, if bearing to bearing distance is 38.3mm the spacer would be 38.3-15.8=22.5mm.

I just say this because the bearing to bearing distance differs slightly on different models of hubs (nylons vs. alums), this makes sure you donā€™t get a rattling spacer, but also donā€™t end up with your bearings sticking out of your hub.

Lacroix also has axle spacers.

6 Likes

Thanks mike, great infos always. Iā€™ll use 10mm axle, maybe lacroix bearing spacer is for 12mm axle. But i can always make custom one, no problem.

Are the bearing is press fitted on mbs like on urethene? Also do you know if the bolts position is same with superstar (to use same pulley)

2 Likes

No worries, happy to help.

Yeah, the Laxroix spacers are for 12mm axles. You will have to make them or you can buy what you need from aluminumspacers.com.

If by press fit, do you mean are the installed the same as on thane, then yes. My standard process is as followsā€¦

1. put the hubs together
  2. set the 1st bearing place, use the arbor press to seat the bearing
  3. flip the hub over, set the spacer in place
  4. set the 2nd bearing in place, use the arbor press to seat the bearing

I dont have any in front of me to measure, but I am pretty sure the bolt patters for trampa hubs and MBS Rockstar 2ā€™s are different. If I remember correctly, when I was testing out a bunch of nummie hubs, I had to wait for an order of pulleys because the trampas wouldnā€™t fit the MBS hubs.

4 Likes

@moon mentioned that MBS and Superstars have different bolt positions. Meaning yeah youll need new pulleys. I think MBS sells them though dont they?

2 Likes

Pulleys sold out at the moment

Ok noted, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Nice, I didnā€™t know evolve got this, thanks :ok_hand:t2::wink:

1 Like

Also i just notice this, now sunmate makes this alloy hubs :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yeah, Evolve Germany are a distributor for this MBS pulley, which is funny because the MBS EU distributor in the UK doesnā€™t stock it, only MBS in the US sales it.

FS has a whole setup with aluminum hubs and pulleys I havenā€™t seen before.

I think that is same, sunmate alloy hubs

THIS

is eggzakkery how i deal with itā€¦ i tighten axle nut to first resistance and back-off 1/8th of an RCHā€¦

3 Likes