How to: Ackmaniac ESC Tool

Try 3.103. See if that resolved the issue. If not, prolly just have to use the master vesc.

My mini wont let me control via trigger its being controlled by the wheel on the side how do you change this?

Move the PPM cable to channel 3.

1 Like

thanks, i tried it didnt work might need to reset vesc?

does it need to paired again or should just be able to switch to 3 and it work?

1 Like

Also, make sure the black wire is closest to the outside of the receiver.

1 Like

thanks it worked on port 2 but not 3 not sure why but someone else had suggested 2

has anyone successfully hooked up a Unity to @ack? (by bluetooth)

I have 2 Unities, and all I really wish is telemetry, both hook-up (connect) but I cannot receive telemetry from either…

am I chasing a wild goose?

@Sn4Pz @mmaner thanks for this running ack on 4.12s now

4 Likes

Alright so initial ride total of 15 miles . nice job OP.
My only gripe. The hm10 module dropped connectionand wouldn’t reconnect aboutbhalf way through so I was skating blind. I made it back to my car with only 35v left. Got home popped ooen the enclosure connected the vesc to my pc and re did the BT Uart rewrite . the app started working again. Turned it off after I disconnected put the enclosure back together. Now it’s back to showing zero data. My enclosulre is C.F. but it worked flr a good 4 hours today without issue :thinking:

Did you hot glue the connector? It sounds more like a module issue than a software issue, hard to tell though.

1 Like

The modules soldered to the vesc

Oh wow, ok. I dont know, I’ve never had that issue. I would start by putting a connector in the vesc so you can try a different module. What kind of VESC is it?

1 Like

It says Vedder.se 4.12 on it. Not sure of the brand . I think maytech.

@mmaner what version of ack tool should people use?

I use 3.103 for most everything.

2 Likes

Who “created” this software? @mmaner

1 Like

Nico Ackerman

4 Likes

Technically bvedder, with some small changes by other including ack.

Im having an issue my vesc are showing my voltage as 40.6 at a full charge on 10s . I thoight my bms wasnt working and on of my.p groups was out of balance so I pulled everything apart. Got mt multimeter and checked every p group. After the msth was finished everything checked out so I charged to 40.8v on the vesc and checked again my pack is at 42.0v anyone else have this issue or know of a way to fix it. Its tripping my cut off early and decreasing my range

I assume you chose 10s then hit apply when you were initially setting up your vesc right?

What Vesc are you using? Trampa?

1 Like