High voltage and High amperage motors?

So whens the group buy. :wink:

Whenever someone wants to buy 44 more motors at that cost

1 Like

Neu 6560 @ 127kv will take 95V and like 150A max. Only $250.

That 63100 sounds bonkers, but also like a toasty boy. I posted this elsewhere, but Reacher makes some dope lookin’ motors.

6576: high voltage, 6500W

6385: high voltage, 3000W

8395: high voltage, 12000W

9096: high voltage, 18000W

4 Likes

Has anyone ran these? Im kinda thinking the 65100 may help with heat dissipation.
I have issues running 44mph for 20miles. Things get toasty. My goal is to not have to slow down.

How much power are you consuming @ 44mph? I imagine that isn’t where the heat is coming from, but getting up to that speed. Depending on gearing and such, I’d expect 44mph to require somewhere between 2-3KW, which is only like 40-60A on 12S split between motors. What are you running now? Bigger motors take more amps to spin, so bigger doesn’t always mean better. 4wd maybe?

1 Like

Umm, technically true (because the motor is heavier), but that’s negligible :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, I oversimplified. There are obviously other factors at play that can result in it being a bigger difference than just the weight of the can.

bigger motors produce more iron losses generally. from my understanding the way to “appropriately” size a motor would be to balance the iron and copper losses. we’re all way into the copper losses with the small motors we use and would gain efficiency going bigger

pretty much any motor can do any voltage and the limitation is the how fast the bearings can spin.

8 Likes

40-60amps… Nah Im running lipos in series 12s maxing out unity batt amps and 80A per motor.
Its 18-72 gearing, an well it can throw a wheelie. So Im not feeling to much torque loss. Just heating
after 15-18 miles pinned between 38 and 44mph.

I may be off the wall to say but I dont like the feeling of maxing it.
When there is no more to go it feels funny imo, So I truly want more speed but
I think for me that may require a different build.

I will soon have that number, at least for my rides, how many % went into each

I I were to guess I would say most going to core losses since the cruising motor current is pretty low

1 Like

But core loses (iron losses) can be easily seen looking at the no-load current unless the motor is saturated. U know. I don’t know what no-load current you hit but it always seems very low compared to the copper losses with the small gearing on a board

I went through this thread a couple times over the past 10 days, looking for replacement for my dead/dying Maytech/Lacroix 6389s, have 2 things to add:

NOBODY has anything large, decent in stock now in the USA, save Torqueboards, Boardnamics. (I’m leaving Xcell out of this since $600-$700/pair puts the Turbines in another league entirely, I’m after LESS noises, not more.)

I tried a pair of the older style Flipsky 6384s via Amazon, which took a week to arrive with prime. They are a no-go… Shafts too short, can’t be flush mounted w/o enlarging the hole in the mount plates or spacin them away from the plate (making short-shaft problem worse) due to the snap ring sitting proud of the mounting face. They are going back. The new style FS 6384 only has the larger 44mm mounting circle and still has the short shaft if you pick 10mm. Boardnamics motors only have the 44mm mounting circle. I had no choice but to give the Torqueboards 190kv 6380 a try. 8mm shaft only, but I’ve got plenty of spare pulleys to use.

On a lighter note, seems there’s no limit yet to what’s possible with BLDC outrunners. At 15kw/kg, a 1kg motor as above would produce 15kw :slight_smile: Machine Could Power the Future of Aviation Propulsion - Aerospace & Defense Technology