Help with my Focbox Unity, please!

Hi Forum!

my focbox didn’t turn on since 3 weeks ago. I was writing to Enertion by website and through the forum, and I only get the apology messages for their delay. My last step with focbox, after months using it, was upload the firmware again, setup the remote succesfully and after a reboot, It dind’t turn on again.

When I press the power Switch, the led of the switch goes on for some seconds, and after that turn off again. I was looking the PCB of the Focbox, and no leds blinks there.

Is it possible that it is the firmware or bootloader? I was going to order the ST-LINK today, but please , I would like to know your opinion or some advice, before try flashing it.

THANKS A LOT!

1 Like

Welcome, @auveele ! I have matched your trust level with Builder’s Forum.

Now let’s see if we can get you sorted:

@Deodand
@Gamer43
@Andy87

Appreciate any help, guys!

4 Likes

Not a unity user, sorry Bill, but @auveele maybe just the switch is broken. Can you make sure there is power on the unity?

1 Like

I’ve tested the switch and I’ve tried another one, the switch is right.
I’ve changed my focbox by my friend’s one.
Nowadays I have him focbox. Is a very good friend, really? :heart_eyes:

I tested all my hardware and is right except my focbox unity.

Try holding the button down for a few seconds and see if it powers up. For whatever reason, the first few times I powered on my unity, it had flaky issues powering up. Both have been solid since then though.

1 Like

Oh hey, I recognize you from the builders forum! I was @atlasdev there.

I made a writeup of my fix, which you can find here: How to fix a broken Unity bootloader

This might solve your issues, or it might not. Using the stlink in the wrong way can brick your unity if it was not already. Use with care!

3 Likes

Yeah, thanks a lot.
Its incredible the response of this forum compared the “old one”.
I’ve just bought the ST-LINK. But I have to travel to other country the next week, if Enertion don’t give me any response while I’m out, I will try to flash the bootloader.

3 Likes

Try turning it on with only the power and switch hooked up nothing else plugged in.
Mine did the same thing and my Rx was causing it. The 5 volts was grounding out on the Rx causing my Unity from turning on.

2 Likes