Help! Motor issues

Today during a ride i felt like i had a belt skip.
When braking it was like it wasnt working anymore and heard a rattling sound during.
So i stopped to check if all my nuts and bolts where tight enough or if something had gone loose.
Could find anything but it didnt feel good .
At home i took the wheels off to listen to the motors spin.
The motor thst gave the problem has a grinding noice to it and doesnt spin so free as the other does. Is it dying?

you either have magnet chunking or something ferrous inside your motor. likely debris or dust. best resolution is to take the rotor off of the stator and clean the magnets and windings.

Kinda had that idea but i really dont wanna go through all that fuss.
Sun was shinning , build done and ready to go
Geesh…
Thanks for the suggestions bro.
Much appreciated

2 Likes

i wouldn’t skip over motor issues

2 Likes

So meanwhile ive taken of the pulleys to see if the clips where rubbing anything .
Nothing whatsoever , after i put them back and tried again the noice is reduces but i still can feel some difference between both motors.
Maybe some debris as me tioned before but at this point im not fully convinced…
If for any reason the motor is a bust , what motor would be a future good replacement. Money isnt an issue. Running 6374 165kv ant the moment paired with a 12s4p battery

Unbolt the motor, leave it on the side of the road for some DIY plebian to come and pick up and repair. Ride home on one, buy a new one, stick it on and get on with your life.

1 Like

Get a circlip removal tool and open it up. It’s no harder than disassembling wheels and changing tires.

It’s much worth it.

Now you know why no one has one board. Gotta have a backup for when something sounds weird :wink:

4 Likes

You’re such a Chad

2 Likes

Good one guys.
Will do both.
Will open the motors and check.
And most definitely will buy another board.

1 Like

This is the spirit.

4 Likes
1 Like

sounds like the bearing is shot to me. replace with hq ones, should fix it.

2 Likes

I seriously love this forum so so many reasons.
I get my everyday fix over here .

1 Like

That sounds like a bearing to me, I have a small bucket full of motors that sound like that, need to replace bearings in all of em

3 Likes

Just remember this during the weekly dumbster fire (pun intended and nailed)

3 Likes

If you crop dust the forum instead of ploughing it you have a better time overall.

2 Likes

for me it’s more of a dutch oven

At one point it was a double dutch rudder for me. Then Tim made off into the wind. Now it’s just a dutch rudder.

@b264 thank you for the detailed tutorial.
So after following the steps this is what i found.

The upperring was cracked at several places.
Also comparing it to another motors i ask myself why not just fill up the spaces inbetween so that the magnets stay better in place.

I’m definitely getting better motors just because of what im seeing.

3 Likes