Heath Lewis' 0-40mph (0-64kph) challenge

i’v ehad decent success track addict

free, and it comes with an overlay

1 Like

Can I upload my 0-60kph runs or is that not qualifying? Idk how to think in miles.

1 Like

It’s 0-64.4km/h

2 Likes

oof that’s just over 5kph more than my board’s top speed.

dang americans taking the fun out of everything…

2 Likes

Ikr, first you gotta be able to just ride at 40mph without dying in the first place, and then get comfortable accelerating to that speed and then de-accelerating to not go even faster :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I’m fine with being at that speed.

I just don’t think I can get my 12s@2.78:1 to go that fast unless I lose all the rider weight, or go up to bigger wheels which will kill acceleration. I guess I could just go all out on amps, it’s not like range is a factor here…

TBH I’ve never got a board over 60kph. I thought that was the upper limit of 12s Li-Ion

Every kph over 60 is a new level of butt clench

9 Likes

going downhill I’ve hit a bit over 66kph. maybe my ass is just tight already but that kinda speed is almost comforting to me. it’s a beautiful feeling. just wish I had infinite money to build all the HV stuff this forum teases me with.

4 Likes

Personally wouldn’t describe it as beautiful with the potential of death at every heartbeat, but some peeps are wired differently :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Fucking Beautiful. Makes you feel alive.

5 Likes

Eh, i’m reminded of that fact every day I wake up. No biggie.

7 Likes

I don’t even really wake up until >35kph lol

3 Likes

title and post updated

7 Likes

Damn, ya’ll are some crazy mofo’s. I have the acceleration on my tynee explorer dialed back to 40%. One day I’ll attempt this but the jerky acceleration of the meepo hurricane I had kind of scared me.

4 Likes

video credit @MarioChacon

11 Likes

video credit @MarioChacon

12 Likes

Fuck yeah

happy_dance_859642000

1 Like

Dudes are cruisin! What voltages are they all running if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Imma guess 33-34V

2 Likes

Brandon, Ryan Mac, and myself are running 8s SRB setup. brandon with the older mamba xlx, and SSS motor setup. myself and ryan with mamba xlx2 and castle 2028s

Ron is AWD, vesc setup at 15s.

3 Likes