GROUP BUY. two way throttle (more for bikes but goes with vesc)

Thats a fair point. Though if he is having them put a custom connector on it, it might as well be a JST PH 2.0mm 7pin, and then folks can rearrange the pins as needed, or do your solution of just de-pinning the connector and using the crimped ends on their own.

Most HW6 VESC’s I have seen have VCC, GND, and ADC1 on the same 7 or 8 pin JST. I dont think we can get a solution that will work perfectly for every VESC, but JST is nice in that its easy to re-arrange and make work for whatever is needed.

Unless someone sees a solution I am not :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@hummieee I might actually need 3 of these. Can you ping me if/when you start a group buy thread? I dont want to miss it :wink:

1 Like

But what if it’s just 3 wires/pins? That’s fine right?

Will ping u

I’m down for 2 as well, just pinned wires is perfect

2 Likes

Excellent! Is this going to be a kit? or completes?
the triangle is the best place for them cans :+1:t2:

are there options for the actual grip?
diff designs, etc

I have so many cells I need to get rid of so will sell this potted batter yes. Fits a 35.5 downtube on a Lot of bmx bikes frames. This one being the cheapest.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/us/en/stolen-creature-bmx-frame-2019/rp-prod165687?gs=1&sku=sku646205&istCompanyId=64a3dd19-9b5e-411d-a4f3-46f21c06bfee&istFeedId=504a9a46-d791-4ab6-bde1-bd49b4b78bc6&istItemId=iixapprpt&istBid=t&pgrid=52289783757&ptaid=pla-909812762303&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sjyTr3Yq6_dm|pcrid|253670757076|pkw||pmt||prd|646205US&gclid=CjwKCAjww5r8BRB6EiwArcckCysqC6Plb-XH4djf2Ejz_7S86V1V5LPiwAtlY5BKkCXIxEYrB7tNVBoCXCAQAvD_BwE
My god they dropped the price again

And have custom torque arm adapters to fit motor into the standard 14mmdropout.
@iamasalmon but more so looking forward to the 24” bmx frame with the 20” wheel in it so can accelerate quicker without flipping. That was the last bike’s issue.

![image|281x499]

1 Like

They have one model they say is custom and this is it. This one alone I think is two direction. 170x model.

I’ll do the group buy here and change the title when it’s confirmed that three pin/wire is fine for the vesc. It is right?
And a single plug? I guess u could move the pins around but rather it be good to go for the vesc6

1 Like

in most cases I think it’ll need to be repinned

2 Likes

So for the vesc6 what would be ideal to connect to? And what pin order? Assuming a 3 pin plug is good for the vesc6

well adc1 on the uart port and then 5/3v and gnd, can be from the uart port or another, if using a ble module on uart can share the pins

Are u saying two plugs? Three wires? Trying to be as simple as possible. @Scepterr

I can see what they say about doing 7 wires but was hoping the 3 wires as it’s shown is fine. They do say they can customize and maybe an option

@hummieee If the throttle unit has 3 wires, then it is going to be plugged into GND, ADC1, and either 5V or 3V or VCC. I really dont think there is one solution that is going to work for every single VESC, or every single person’s application for it.

In the interest of simplicity, I think the best connector to order is one 7 pin JST PH 2.0mm connector. The wires can be populated into any slot because most people are going to have to re-arrange them for their specific VESC anyway.

Basically what im saying is that if you get a 7pin connector, then the wires can be re-arranged inside the connector to line up with the correct pins on everyone’s VESC’s. Some COMM ports are only 7pin, so dont get 8 pin. If you were to only get a 3 pin, and one of the needed pins was two away from one of the other needed pins, then one of the wires would be outside the housing. 7 pin is the best compromise that I can see.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll tell them that and update u tonight.

2 Likes

yep, thanks @BenjaminF for explaining it coherently :yum:

2 Likes

You call my word vomit ramble “coherent”? :sweat_smile: Thank you, Im glad that it got my point across. It could probably have been accomplished in a few hundred fewer words lol

This is why i should not be allowed on the forum on my computer. Having an actual keyboard means I can type as fast as I can think, vs on a phone I have to actually consider what I want to take the time to write lol

1 Like

a great explanation but…isnt that an 8 pin plug? and the same on the vesc6. think i should do 8 pin right? they spotted this and tell me @Scepterr

1 Like

7 pin will, in my opinion, be the most widely compatible connector.

1 Like

but will a 7 pin connector fit in the 8pin slot?

Yep. JST PH is designed so that a smaller connector will always fit in the larger connector housing.

1 Like