GRIZZLY | Trampa HS11 | 12s6p 30Q | 170kv 6374 | Vertigo | E-TOXX Helical mini | dual FOCBOX

Will probably assemble everything on friday or saturday :smirk:

2 Likes

Some good and cheap grease.

2 Likes

Thanks! Already got this however

1 Like

They are sooo sexy :heart_eyes:
And man I really needed a good beer opener. You are the best! @NoWind

15 Likes

The bottle opener’s pinions are a bit sharp. But that guy is on my keychain with my other keys.
The assembling doesn’t take that long.

2 Likes

an hour max.

1 Like

No time tonight :sweat:

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. It’s going to take a long time anyway with two right gear drives.

You’d finish installing one and then be thinking, wait a minute, didn’t I just install this one? Where’s the left one?

4 Likes

Thoughts on the mesh like this? @NoWind @rich @Andy87 @taz @Mainflow. Not sure if I got the backlash on point.

2 Likes

Looks good.
Do you have a keyway?

3 Likes

No doubt, the backlash is too much. You want as less backlash as possible. The best way is to mount a hub (or just slide it on the axle with hub adabter) and tighten the axle nut so the wheel gear is 100% true. Usually I insert all 4 motor bolts but keep the 2 below the gear loose (slideable). Then I go to the point where no backlash is and barely slide the motor away and tighten the 2 bolts. Afterwards I check the backlash all around. Sometimes it’s first try, sometimes it need 3 times, never did it with the “paper trick” but the wheel gear should just wiggle a bit everywhere, that’s it.

From your pic I would say you could go down about to the red line.

With too much backlash you decrease the durability and strength of the wheel gear. Also with more backlash than on your pic the tips could break e.g. when jumping. I really abuse my gears and there is zero damage, I climb hills where I thought first I gonna crush the gears (and not possible with belts). Also jumping is no problem. As long as the backlash is not too much you can’t kill the gears.

Edit: Unfotunately many hubs wobble a bit which can affect the backlash. So in a perfect world you adjust the backlash with the same hub which you gonna use later (with tightened axle nut). But you have to remove the tire to be able to tighten the motor bolts.

11 Likes

Yes its an 8mm key

Thanks Rich! I will take my time and adjust it :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Like @rich said I would get a bit closer with the gears. What helped me a lot was watching @NoWind video
https://youtu.be/o9ZGqqfG0C4

Just pay attention to the sound and amount of backlash when he wiggle the hub after assembly.

4 Likes

Too much backlash !!!

Thanks andy and rich.

3 Likes

Cleaned the gears because I thought the backlash was okay at first and already greased them yesterday :sweat_smile: oh well live and learn, im glad I asked you guys to make sure. Working on getting it done right :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Nice!

I see you have managed to work that right into a left.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Magic :raised_hands::rofl:

1 Like

I think, you’re done?

1 Like

I think im good, if I go any further I loose the clicking noise.

4 Likes