I think you have a Mini FSESC 6.7, not a TrampESC VESC 6
It can be daunting for someone who isn’t used to all that stuff.
Here is how I’d setup a 75100 if I had one in a single motor board
- Hook up the ESC to the motor
- Download the custom firmware
- Open the VESC tool
- Connect to the ESC though a USB cable
- Load the custom firmware. Firmware → Custom File → select .bin
- After it loads and reboots:
- Run the motor wizard.
- Run the input wizard.
- Adjust motor current / battery current based on what you know works up those hills.
Aha right yes I’m pretty sure I’ve got what’s called the 6.7 pro mini. Not all VESC 6 created equal - I understand now I think.
And thanks jaykup for the step by step that’s a lot simpler than I thought it would be. There was all sorts of talk about FW and phase filters and other such expletives on that thread.
I just ordered the esc you linked and download the custom firmware from the 75100 thread - which .bin file do i use in the V2/alupcb folder? 5.2, 5.3 or 6.0? And ‘normal’ or ‘no limits’?
Its 4 weeks away according to aliexpress…
5.3 normal from the v2/aluminum pcb folder is what I’d use. The 6.0 is still beta (at least until 12/1)
Awesome. Thanks mate.
And thanks to everyone else who chipped in to help me understand ESC performance. One step closer to DIYing a board properly one day…