GIVING A DINOSAUR A NEW LIFE

AI always gets this wrong. Molicel does actually specify much higher pulsed charge power limits for the P42A cells in a separate (non public) datasheet. I’ve been using mine at 45A discharge and 45A regen for years.

I’m using all my cells in all my batteries for the same pulsed current for charge and discharge, no consideration given to the maximum constant charge limits. Those limits don’t apply for pulses.

Also I’d rather have the battery degrade prematurely than hit the back of a bus at the bottom of a hill due to not having enough power to stop.

2 Likes

You have more practical experience than I do. I didn’t mean to imply that the 16A figure is set in stone, but from what I’ve read so far, anything over 8.4 amps is harmful to the cell.

2 Likes

3 Likes

These are my settings on my dual vesc on both sides. i can’t get my vx2pro to work again. both sides of esc are uart. it was working before.

this to 90A

image

1 Like

ESC A withe the Controller

ESC B

And

1 Like

THX fore the Help :face_blowing_a_kiss: :face_savoring_food:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help i will correct when i get home later. i’ll keep you guys posted.

Even 1A charging is harmful to the cell as any charging speeds up aging over just letting the cell sit there.

8.4A charging is more harmful.

Above 8.4A is even more harmful.

It’s all about cycle life and the degree of safety margin (or lack thereof) you are willing to accept. I can’t possibly recommend going over the datasheet max because that’s the only “official” number we have and I’m not exposing myself legally by saying we can go higher.

I also have no idea what condition every cell will be in and how it’s being used/abused. Someone might have been using their cells hard for six years and then suddenly decided they want to regen at an insane rate.

Each of us can set any limit we want though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Having said all this, Moli’s document shows that THEY SAY you can go above 8.4A by a certain amount under certain conditions.

3 Likes

So everything is correct but my remote is only working on the side that the receiver is connected too. This is weird, i never seen this happen before. its set to uart with current no reverse. dont know what else to do. Any ideas?

Both UAVCAN index numbers are set to 0… does one need to be set to 1?

I have no idea, just spitballing

1 Like

1 Like

So i found out the issue I was having, after watching so many videos on youtube, MBoards had the problem solver, on master side, it says “OFF 30M” and on slave side, i had it the same. On the slave side, you have to have as “ALWAYS ON”. I hope this helps anyone who might someday have this issue.

3 Likes

Now i’m gonna install the Flipky Dual FSESC 6.7 Plus on my sons board but where the heck do i install the receiver for the Flipsky VX2 Pro? I know it goes in a UART plug but on the esc where it says PPM and UART, there is a weird black that the receiver can’t connect too. SMH.

This is an earlier version but looks the same. It looks like your receiver is pre-wired to use connector 5 or 6. Those are left and right side connections, depending on which motor controller you set up to be the master and slave.

1 Like

So i have to switch the pins on the connector to go in the correct pins meaning, 5v, rx tx etc.?

I figured it out. No help needed. Thank you.

1 Like

1 Like

Wow, they’re building very quickly. The battery looks really good. They’ve used a PCB. Are they already building the third board now?

1 Like

Confused, who are they and what third board?

IMG_0755

1 Like