Genuine hm-10 bluetooth problems to connect to Xmatic iphone

Posted this on [ESK8 Electronics] forum and noticed people were saying to put on here when reading similar issues.

Hi,

I have read through the blutooth issues pages but struggling to find this particular issue come up. Wondering if anyone has come across this? Bought a hm-10 bluetooth (genuine one adviosed with extra chip so got this below);

eBay

Genuine HM-10 Crystal Bluetooth 4.0 Serial Wireless Module CC2541 IOT Arduino …

Improved CC2541 replaces older CC2540. HM-10 Bluetooth 4 BLE 4.0 Serial Module on Breakout Interface Board. Supported by Iphone, Ipod, later Android devices + PC with Bluetooth 4. Datasheet for this module is here.

So the aim is to connect to the Xmatic app for stats

. BLE scanner finds the Module and app seems to connect as bottom of first screenshot (bluetooth icon goes green when I turn board on) but then no data is transfered to stats page and I get the following shown in the appdata log …

My BAUD rate set via vesc tool to 9600 and PPM and UART selected in uart app section of vesc tool. that and firmware on vesc are latest version. Any ideas what may be wrong or know where I can get hold of the app developer? Is it an incompatibility with latest vesc firmware, the app or the module (unlikely)?

Module is connected to my 4.20 vesc (with 5.1 firmware according to this app) and wired exactly as all paperwork and others have advised. vcc to 5v, - to ground. tx to rx and rx to tx.

Many thanks

Phil

need an nrf module for firmware 5, or use an older firmware like ackmaniac to use the hm10
I’ll have some nrf modules available later today if you’re in the US

1 Like

many thanks.I’m in the UK that worked. used [Ackmaniac] tool and flashed that firmware inluded and workign now at 9600. cheers guys

Self plug

So the @BuildKitBoards modules no longer work if you update to FW5? I just updated my sister’s board to 5 today, how far back would I have to go in order to use the BKB module?

She has xmatic on her phone too and I saw that it hadn’t updated to support FW5, know anything about that?