Gavisgon | Datron CNC Custom Billet Deck | Modified Paris RP Trucks | BKB 6354 Motor | Hobbyking Mount | 10S3P DIY Pack | FOCBOX

Where are you based? I have access to a machine which may be long enough to machine a similar deck.

1 Like

I like this build , really love the contest of the wooden enc. on billet deck.

I missed this on builders, it’s a nice side effect of its uncertain future getting to see nice builds I might of missed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

beercan boards?

Cool stuff!!!

Is it comfortable to ride on an alu deck?

How thick are the walls of that bamboo enclosure?

2 Likes

Amazing build. Next time try integrated enclose CNC ALU deck, maybe even titanium alloy eheheh

4 Likes

Near NYC

It is surprisingly comfortable! I thought it would be too harsh, but I can do 20kms on it comfortably on smooth roads.

2 Likes

The walls of the enclosure are actually pretty thin. The shelf I used only came in one thickness, and the board width was something I couldn’t change easily. I think the walls are about 4mm and the “floor” is only about 1.5mm.

2 Likes

Interesting, please le me know how it holds up.

1 Like

I’m also a bit worried that the electronics are just going to drop out of the bottom one day. It’s done about 350km so far and no signs of weakening.

3 Likes

WTF, wow! a custom CNC’d deck!
Haven’t seen that ever before.
Cant wait to see intetrated aluminum decks in the future :slight_smile:
Think aluminum neo deck, or aluminum haya :heart_eyes:

anyone know how much it would be to custom CNC a deck like this? $500? $1000??

2 Likes

I guess the piece of plate would be about $100 to $150, and the machine time could be 2-3hrs. These are just educated guesses. With a little bit of a markup I guess you might be looking at something like $500

2 Likes

What width heat shrink did you use for your battery?

1 Like

I believe it’s 180mm

2 Likes