Gates polychain GT carbon belts

you could go for 3d printing extra wide pulleys in like cf or pc
some of them have ridiculous strengths

ewww

5 Likes

I’d machine two pulleys and attach them together before I tried that.

Finding stronger belts would be more ideal though. For now.

2 Likes

ran that for ages on my old setup
works suprisingly well

Surely?

I’m talking about modifying two pulleys to make one wide one.

I don’t have the capacity to machine the HTD5M part itself because these are manual machines with handcranks.

likely the guy breaking belts every few days would not get the same results.
unles he went septuple wide. :smiley:

1 Like

You can probably order a wider pulley of a standard tooth profile pretty easily.
Just need an adapter to suit wheel core and to drill the pulley stock to suit adapter fixings.

:arrow_up: the pulley stock for 48T HTD5M is like $200+

Cheaper to buy two pulleys and machine them into one

@b264 5mgt

1 Like

What, they jump from 300mm to 375mm?

Dang, I was going to try one, too. :man_shrugging:

Dude bro, how are you doing this?

I break belts from shock loads and small rocks that work their way into the teeth and damage the filament core. It’s maybe a q6 month event now.

… unless one wheel drive. I see that.

2 Likes

Put a Unity balls-out in super single configuration on a big ass motor at 160+ motor amps, have a fat guy stand on top, and abuse the fuck out of it all day long. Light turns green? Full throttle. Red? Full brake. Slide the back wheel left and right as you skid to a stop, it’s fun. Try it. Green? Full throttle.

2 Likes

Why not go for a dual drive since you’re on a Unity now anyway?

Cos one wheel skidzzz are cool

1 Like

Too wide for narrow trucks and heavier with more moving parts which increases failures

Plus less fun and more sketchy in rain or inclement weather

I’ll post mine belt graveyard pic later.

3 Likes

I have to completely disagree. I rather be able to stop with the risk of sliding the rear than not having that option at all. One wheel is not enough grip for brakes in the rain.

1 Like

I value steering more, and I ride slower in the rain. When one back wheel is always on freespin, it maintains steering.

I see what you mean. I guess I just feather the throttle when its wet out. But also, if it’s wet I ride the pnuematic board instead.