FW 5.3 is out! Vesc Tool 3.01

I get “command not found”

Might be worth note that although this is a “stable release” it is not widely tested yet and anyone upgrading should do so with caution.

18 Likes

You have to cd (change directory) into the directory containing vesc tool after you have extracted it. Or just clicking on the file in a file browser might open it, if you have enabled “allow executing file as program” in its file properties.

Let’s move this “how to linux” convo to the noob question thread please.

4 Likes

yeah I already did, still nope

it seems there’s no 5.3 for my HW yet (MakerX DV6 Pro)

sigh, I was hyped to try new features.

Doesn’t it use one of the default (included) firmwares?

3 Likes

The DV6 Pro only needs the custom firmware IF you are going to be attempting to use up to 180a current. @tech.shit

If you don’t, then you can try out new stuff

3 Likes

well VESCtool 3.01 will not allow me to update the FW, it tells me there are no compatible FWs

also lots of lag and ANRs, VESCtool is kind of a pain to use now. it’s definitely not my hardware being slow on this gaming PC.

it’s been not responding on windows for 5 minutes now

1 Like

If that’s the case, I guess you could use the no-limit firmware instead?

3.01 won’t show me any FW or HW options unless I’m diconnected from the VESC, even looking at non-default FWs

Maybe? It was my understanding they had some customizations but I couldn’t decipher what. I have not tried the custom firmware yet anyways. Just finished the enclosure design to start testing my DV6 pro.

That’s very odd for sure…

2 Likes

I have screenshots for proof if necessary

1 Like

I’m not really asking you to prove anything, I believe you, but this might be an issue for MakerX.

They’ll have to update it, otherwise just stay with the old firmware.

Maybe they had more custom stuff on the dv6 than I thought but I’ll try it out when I get mine up and running to see if mine does that too

1 Like

le sigh

1 Like

manually update with 6

I need more direction than that please

“Added power switch commands.”
anybody know what this is?

1 Like

I assumed this meant more shutdown modes

Edit: I am wrong

1 Like

AFAIK these are commands that can be sent over the canbus to power on or off devices with the nessacary hardware.

5 Likes

YES
maybe we can remote start boards with devices powered directly off of the battery?
this sounds pointless but is the perfect opportunity to fuck with people by making a board randomly move without having to leave it on :rofl:

2 Likes