FS75300 - Flipsky - is anybody tested ??

Can not figure out shunts are inline or lowside as in 75100/75200. Can you open the cover and take some pictures?
Shunt type is hardcoded in the firmware and timings are different and depend on the shunt type.

waterproof sealed 4mm varnish

3 x 0.005 mohm paralel per phase… but how connected…who quess :wink:

i asked flipsky for schematic with no answer.

Phase filtr - looks like should be declared as FALSE

But no info on 75300 product page ;-(

… Current status

1. ater “hang up” software during test (up to 150A phase ) and stop reacting propper for throttle , only weak shake motor i write firmware 75_300_R2 normal … then wizard FOC and VESC start working normally

I continue using with FALSE phase filter with max 8S power and not more than 4kW load

testing … testing

1. suddenly VESC stop working during spin motor, stop imediatelly and warm up vesc

and no back to normal operation, can not detect motor by Wizard return fail during process

now vesc not working ;-(

motor is ok, i tested motor with XLX2 and is super ok

tbc … if I receive VESC from warranty… IF

It was a stupid idea to name the unit 75/300 and it makes no sense at all.
75/300 refers to 75V300A…16S rated.
The Flipsky ESC is rated higher in voltage (20S) and the naming should reflect that.
The only reason to use the 75/300 name is making use of existing VESC product reputation and google
ranking. What obviously happens is a confusion of FW, since the VESC 75/300 FW can be found in VESC-Tool. But please never ever use that FW for the Flipsky controllers!
They confuse their customer base in marketing! This Flipsky controller is not a 75/300 design!

The VESC 75/300 is a phase shunt design, while the Flipsky ESC is actually a low side shunt design. Loading the 75/300FW onto the Flipsky “75/300” will very likely damage your hardware permanently. I can only guess that many users will damage their HW because of a very bad naming and marketing decision.

5 Likes

That’s why I’ve asked their support, why they are using 75_300_R2 when their FS75100&200 controllers has low side shunts and timing are incorrent. No answer.
I am pretty confident FS75300 has low side shunts too, but who knows if they’ve changed the design.
FS75100 & FS75200 has different current sense amps for example. Both are lowside and the gain is the same.

1 Like

They use 75_300_R2 on all of those models.

75100v2 Original ebike version
75100 Aluminum PCB
75200 Aluminum PCB
75300 Aluminum PCB

The 100 and 200 are for sure low side shunts.

I’m 99% sure the 75300 is as well. I have a working hardware config for it but need more testing.

At 20s it has to be low side shunts. 18S is the highest possible phase shunt design and that is borderline voltage wise. There is a new higher voltage shunt amp on the horizon but not yet available. That new amplifier would allow 24S phase shunts.

These Flipsky units should therefore only use specific optimised Flipsky FW and not the 75/300 VESC FW.

1 Like

INA241 I guess you are talking about is already in production and I have ordered some to play with couple a weeks ago.
You do not have to use single part CS amp, though. I did 120V bidirectional CS amp for testing purposes at my work, it’s just more BOM cost and PCB space.

Yes, the INA241 is the one. Let’s see when it is available in reasonable quantities.

1 Like

I inform Flipsky about my FSESC75300 fail… answer is " we have holiday from 15 to 31 January - please wait" … and I waitng… waiting…

How long You wait for answer ?

And Flipsky sleary point to what should be loaded ==>

1 Like

China is not working till 1-3 Feb. Like completely.

from FB

After seeing this photo my concern was that it is not an alu PCB: no FETS present on the same side with shunts and no board to board connectors. There was a chance it is some kind a weird dual board design.

Well, I have bought an unpotted 75300 and it is much worse than I thought:
It is generic FR-4 multilayer board with FETS on the other side.
Alu case only contacts FET’s plastic casing, nothing else! What is the point of water cooling? This is a total joke of a design.
On top of that, all the FET drivers are on the one edge and they are connected to the FETS on the other edge through the inner layer traces all the way across the board!
Will post PCB photos later.

2 Likes

looks like not say true :frowning:

like Flipsky not tell true :frowning:

Saw your post, got any pics? What does flipsky say about the ”missing” alu pcb?

say nothing…

changed BLOG … :slight_smile: - if I remember this page was different :slight_smile: some time ago

current info

update with colors

Have You already tested 75300 ??

Links for any case - is someone will search

Link to STABLE firmware for VESC FSESC 75300 from Flipsky

vesc_fw_archive/6.02/FSESC75300 at main · vedderb/vesc_fw_archive · GitHub

Tips for New VESC Firmware 6.00 – FLIPSKY

and some new links

Differences Among FLIPSKY V4, V6 and V75 Series ESC

1 Like