Flipsky VX4 remote

I’ve updated mine this evening. :crossed_fingers:t2:
Installed on a board too.

4 Likes

I have come to enjoy the fact that you can just sit back and relax and let someone do the suicidal stuff.
Be careful and may the force be with you! :ok_hand::+1::raised_hands::dancer:t3::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

fwiw, remote’s still been perfect for me.

8 Likes

Jokes a side!
Awesome to hear that!
What’s your take on the ergonomics and the throttle sensitivity? I have been switching back and forth between the VX1 & Hoyt for the past week. Just to test out.
And I feel like the fine control is a lot better on the Hoyt. I guess it comes down to the longer travel and the better potentiometer?:woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

The tutorial of updating VX4 :Flipsky VX4 Remote and Receiver Software Update Tutorial (V1.0 to V1.1) - YouTube

1 Like

I’ve done the update and run the remote for a short but hard little ride.
Not a city centre by any stretch, but plenty of jumping.
So far so good. Very early days though.

14 Likes

2 days later I’m still alive? Anyone else updated and using?

8 Likes

Still slacking, it’s sitting on my test bench

Probably going to install and record a vid on Monday

4 Likes

@BigBen hey man how you finding the vx4 ?
I just got one and will do the updat soon.
How do you feel it compares to a puck ?

Feels good in the hand. Screen is fantastic. Wheel a little small but all in all good.

6 Likes

Awsosme thanks man

1 Like

Thanks, this is what I wanted to find out. Has anyone had a bad experience after v1.1 firmware was uploaded?

Has anyone connected this to the Stormcore 60d+ using PPM and UART?

Basic question: Which wiring harness did you use? vesc4 or vesc6?

2 Likes

After 2 years with one of the first VX1 flipsky released, I switched to the last version of the VX4 and really love it! had the VX2 in parallel for short time but never really liked it. the VX4 was the perfect combo of small size, screen and great performance.

I knew about the problems in the first batch but so far function well even in Manhattan that full of external noise.

Test ride on the bustin

14 Likes

Man. You need to post some more pics of those etoxx trucks! :smiley: :alien:

11 Likes

Hey Im new here and a DIY amateur, just wanted to say that you have a kick-ass looking board and I aspire to build something similar.

3 Likes

:grinning:
Will do, need to spend some time on it

3 Likes

Ive had 5 of these VX4’s (me and friends). One the signal kept dropping out randomly. Flipsky sent a new reciever and free vx4 remote. Apparently there is a tiny tiny resistor/capicitor (highighted in purple at the bottom) that might not of been soldered correctly on the antenna pcb, pic below.

I have my vx4 in mixed mode, uart and ppm on a unity running fw5.1. Cant seem to get battery status…i had it once then it stopped, and now i cant get it back…bit odd. Anyone else running mixed mode and able to get data?

6 Likes

Nevermind, figured out that you need to make sure vesc type is set to FSESC when not using focbox firmware :wink:

2 Likes