Flipsky VX1 remote: discharge off duty

Hi,
how long do your VX1 remote keep the charge?
More than a week?

I don’t know why this remote discharges off duty, but now, to avoid bad surprises (like you’re ready to go, with all protective gear fitted, and then remote won’t switch on) I keep it on a USB cable on my PC all the time.

Do you have this problem, and if yes, how to fix it?
Thanks.

replace the battery

Stock battery sucks, you definitely want a bigger one

Alternatively you can try disabling the haptics and LEDs to save power

1 Like

I have enough power while in use.
My issue is only off duty discharge.
I don’t know what is draining current when the remote is off…

pull your remote apart, and with the switch OFF measure voltage at the PCB solder points
report back.

and fix the wiring inside as well

1 Like

What do you mean by fixing the wiring inside?

Measure at wires from battery to PCB at PCB is 4.16v

measure it now with the switch ON

read the link I posted

With switch on: 4.13
(wires don’t touch the wheel already, so I don’t know if there is a need for a “fix”)

they will… forewarned is forearmed

I’d look at your switch, it’s allowing full power when off to the PCB

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean, could you be more specific?
The remote is working perfectly while in use, I’m only having this draining problem when not in use.

True, it discharges too quickly.
Could you post a link to a bigger one which is compatible?

I never successfully upgraded, but the old models have a 650mAh battery while the new ones have a 800mAh battery

1 Like

The stock battery used to suck. The new ones ship with a 850mAh battery with much better battery life.

I have the original Vx1 and the battery life was not great but it did kept its charge even after 6 months of storage.

Upgrades mentioned here: Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

Batteries like these.
https://www.amazon.com/MakerFocus-Rechargable-Protection-Insulated-Development/dp/B07CXNQ3ZR/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=MakerFocus&qid=1603463779&sr=8-15

I have one of the new ones and it seems to last a very long time

I have several flipsky vx1 remotes, they Hage a very weak battery, if it doesn’t fail the charge circuit will.

However, it’s the best and more comfortable remote I ever used

I use mine and charge between every two rides, sometimes one ride. But, I notice it never goes below three lights… rarely 1 light. One time I didn’t charge it for a while and went for a long ride and had it die.

If I notice it’s at 2 or 3 lights, ill plug it in to a stronger phone charger while I gear up and it’s good to go at 3/4 lights.

I’ve had one sit at 3 lights for a good few weeks, take it out for 10 miles and turn it off at the end, leave it for another 3 weeks, turn it on and it’s still at 3 lights.