Flipsky 75200 or 75100 for esk8?

Is there anyone who have used flipsky 75200 in an esk8 ? Choosing from 75200 and 75100. And there is even 75100 With Aluminum PCB version. Thanks for let me know if it can be good used in an electric skateboard?

It’s my opinion that using anything flipsky for esk8 is a terrible idea.

2 Likes

what vesc you are using now?

Maker X D75 at the moment. Seems quite promising.

2 Likes

Im Running a Single flipsky 75100 on my e-bike. It’s by far the most bang for your buck VESC ever released. 20s 150A for under 150bucks is incredible.

Be sure to buy the flat one the boxy one is crap.

4 Likes

What motor are You using?

Just some random 26“ Ali express hub motor that originally came with a 2000W e bike conversion kit.
Approximately 10kv so it goes over 80km/h on 20s

1 Like

Do you have a link to the motor?

I got it like 4 years ago so i can’t share the exact same one but it’s very similar to this one.

1 Like

whats up with their “custom firmwear” is it just regular ol 5.3 or is it different?

1 Like

Its regular 5.3 with different defaults

@jaykup is here to say something smart and make me look stupid :rofl:

3 Likes

ha - I just cheeped out and bought their DV4, stone age esk8 at this point

90% of the time “custom firmware” is just the hardware configuration. Basically a file that specifies what gate driver is used, the shunt configuration, voltage divider resistors, pin mappings to the main STM32 processor, number of temp sensors, default settings, etc.

Not everyone uploads their configuration to the main VESC github so that’s why you see custom versions floating around

Ha, nope! You got it right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

don’t reco this one @Blise518B what are you peaking that slim one at? Any time I spiked the boxy one over 80a it would basically go limp (no more than 30a) for a good 2 mins

2 Likes

Yup. The boxy one is pretty bad in terms of heat management.

I did a comparison between the original 75100 and the new Aluminum PCB 75100 (totally different design)

5 Likes

The box one has a very bad cooling solution and probably bad fets. I tried it on my e bike and it pretty much overhead after one acceleration at 100A

The flat one has big fets comparable to the Raiden7 the whole pcb has great thermal contact with the metal case so it’s easy to attach additional heatsinks. I Put it in a metal box for optimal cooling and it stays surprisingly cool with 150A motor current. The absolute maximum current is factory set to 220A so I may go up to 160A or 170A until I get cutouts.

I would not recommend anyone buying the one in a box unless you are fine with like 30A

It’s WAY better I have 2 of those trampa VESC6 in my mountainboard and this single one has probably double the power if you are using it at 20s

3 Likes

might need to pick one up now I have cruiser ebike project that’ll pick up over the winter

1 Like