First MTB | Haero Bro | 12S 28AH lipos | Eco AT V2 GD | Focboxs

This build is perfect! don’t transfer to haero :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Thanks dude, it’s a shit ton of fun actually and super glad I did this in the meantime to keep occupied.

With the bindings on now, it’s so easy to shred fast and hard offroad, but I am quickly realizing the benefit of something like the F5 bindings with heel straps- I can jump, but not without wiggling out of these F1 bindings at least a little bit, and toeside turns I fear slipping out. F5 bindings/heelstraps are definitely on my upgrade list along with 9" tires at some point. Medium to large tree roots are totally fine but it could be better.

Also, I will be sad to see it come apart. That day will be one of those simultaneously happy and sad moments. I’ve considered just keeping it and starting fresh but that’s bigger $ than I got for just more fun lol.

3 Likes

Well I guess it’s done, minus a bit of griptape, and hopefully some F5 bindings and 9 inch tires down the line! Maiden voyage was unfortunately wet and short… but the de-wedged rear and wedged front felt great so far from what I can tell… can’t wait to get out and ride some more soon!

No way I miss the popsicle stick at this point… this thing is comfortable as hell. Other to-dos I guess: I should get some proper m6 bolts for the bindings, shorten the battery wires, and add a bit more thin neoprene where the straps wrap the deck for the straps to get a bit more grip (regardless of how solid it feels already)

10 Likes

Looking gooood, glad you finally received it. Must have been a relieve that it was not lost haha. I must say I like the blue rims, they pop quite nicely. And maybe check the bolt size, arent they suppose to be M5? I could be wrong though.

1 Like

The truck bolts? Yep they are M5, I just got some that are a bit too short and some a bit too long, and the M6 binding bolts are all too long… might make a trip to the hardware store today at some point as a proper maiden voyage.

1 Like

Yeah truckbolts are indeed m5 but I didnt read bindings haha nvm. Nice maiden voyage goals enjoy it :wink: wish I could just drive my board around to stores :hushed:

2 Likes

Hey, Just wondering what bolts you used for the Bindings. I have the same bindings and deck, but the bolts with the F1 are very long and the Haero Bro deck bindings slots don’t go all the way through the deck.

1 Like

I used the nuts on the bolts that come with the F1 bindings. A few of the bolts were just other M6 bolts I had.

Screw the nuts onto the bolts leaving about a centimeter and a half of threads on the bottom of the bolts. Screw them down to the bottom of the deck till it starts getting tight, back out half to 1 turn, then screw the nut down till it’s tight while using a hex wrench to keep the bolts from rotating.

1 Like