First build - Subsonic Century, Kahua and Bergs, Avio MK2 Gear Drives, Dual Motor

Was hoping the stock length fit

That would make it too easy. Apparently, not much is easy, especially making anything DIY or cusom…

I’ve replaced engines in cars with more ease than I’m having on my esk8. This is mainly due to me having had more experience with engines while a teenager as well as people around me being very prone to reject anything new.

That being said, I enjoy what I have a hand in creating more than things I only buy, so just take the journey and enjoy it while in the creation process.

1 Like

Just use a loopkey instead of a antispark switch

As a note on the build, I just received the battery pack from @eBoosted! Actually, it was a day or two ago, but I’ve been busy at work, so I haven’t had much time to do much else. I am also apparently very bad at taking pictures and documenting things that I do personally.

I ordered the anti-spark that I referenced above, for which I am still waiting. Hopefully it shows up sometime in the next week??? Also awaiting the NeoBOX, for which I am being patient. Once that is all here, I will need to take care of the small details, such as connections, lights, grip, wheel balancing, etc.

@kadeanderson I may entertain that idea a little more if the AS doesn’t come in soon. I’m not emotionally decided either way on these components.

2 Likes

Personally just makes you feel safer in the end

2 Likes

As the NeoBOX is a no-go for most of us, I had to reassess which ESC I would use. In the end, I ordered a pair of the Maker-X Mini FOC PLUS about two weeks ago (@YUTW123) . Some dealing with DHL later, and the pair of ESCs arrived! So, I’ll be busy with the assembly, and with any luck, it will be moving under its own power soon!

3 Likes

How’s this build did you ever finish the stain on your century is :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Good pictures and really fine looking deck !

2 Likes

Well, amid a lot of issues, it is ridable. I have things like the lights to do. Otherwise, it is a blast! There were some changes that I have done from the original plan.

The enclosure to deck holes didn’t quite align and I have needed to fill in the old holes and start again. This was my mistake. I should have been patient and awaited for everything to do this step. I will make sure that I don’t do this again on future builds!

I changed my ESC for a third time. The MakerX looks to be a good ESC, but the caps hindered my ability to place everything into the enclosure. I went for the TB ESC and it seems to be working just fine so far. I will upload my configuration later for all to laugh at and tell me something is not right.

The battery pack is a little large. Although it fits without issue, I placed a thin layer of neoprene on the bottom of it to stop rattles. This made it all a little deeper than the enclosure. It is likely something that no one will notice, but I know it is there. The seal around the enclosure will hide this well.

When I have the grip tape on it, I will upload some pictures of it!

2 Likes

Yes I can say the same about me on my hole drilling :rofl:

Please don’t cover that beauty just a little bit maybe
Love that stain :star_struck:

1 Like

I hear you bro! I want to cover as little as possible. Since I am uncreative, the ideas flow as well as ice out of a bottle. I’ve ridden it a couple of times without the tape, for scientific reasons of course. I don’t know if I would be able to stay on so well without.

1 Like