First build, a little traveller skate

Hi Guys
I’m Tex , i really love eskate, i bought two year ago an evolve bamboo gt, i drove it in many different situations and countries, but it’s since one years ago, that i’m feeling tired about it, need one made my self.

So a friend of mine last year gave me a few batteries packs, two packs 10S2P and one pack 10S4P both with sony VTC6 3000 m Ah

The 10S2P it’s really good with size and connectors, yes maybe too long the cable but i will cut it.
The 10S4P it’s too huge, and when i will be more sure, i will open it and modify it.
So now i’m a beginner, how i can calculate the max continuos A and the Peak of A for each battery pack?

I was thinking about dual motors board and i bought two Alien Power 6355 S,

Than i bought flipsky single FSESC 6,6 and a DUAL flipsky 6,6, because finally in my mind i have two kind of boards.

So before doing all in the final version, and cause in my mind i still have a lot cofusion, i decidet to print everything with my 3d printer, to see and can touch the drawed parts.

My goal is to build a small portable skateboard, but with precision and adjustable trucks, and with adjustable motors plates.

I designed my self the trucks, and i was inspired from

https://www.subsonicskateboards.com/products/dont-trip-slalocybins-front

My truck it’s like a mix between these two trucks, and at the moment i can adjust the angle from 30 to 60 degrees, is it enough?
The hager has 295mm at the moment but i need to take a ride for value it.

yes for simulate the hanger i used now a pvc tube, but only because it takes time to be printed and cause i will save material on the 3d printer, plastic tubes are easly cuttable :smile:
Now everything it’s just a prototype and i will not ride a 3d printed skateboard.

Than i put one motor on and a 10S2P battery pack, and i uesd VESC tool to cofigure the motos
oooooohhh wooooow it’s was my first time and when you connect the pc to the ESC and you see your motor running, guys it’s really amazing

Ok tape it’s only to take a look to how the components will fit,and the motor mount it’s too long and low.
I want to move the battery pack forward and move the motor from the rear to the front.
What’s normally the minimum space between the motor and the board?

Guys any advice is the welcome, and sorry if i do something wrong but i’m a beginner

8 Likes

Not gonna lie, I got really worried when I saw all the 3d printed parts. Glad you mentioned it’s just for test fit. I love that you took the time to mock it up for test fit.

For battery amps for your packs , check out this thread for some calculations.

Basically your amp draw limit will be set by your cell types discharge limits times the number of parallel groups you have.

For space between motor and board, I usually just stand on the deck at full lean and give myself an extra few mms of clearance.

Welcome to the forum dude!

4 Likes

lmao i got really worried when i was the 3d printer parts…so im curious whats the plan for the trucks…are you going to machine it or by something…?

3 Likes

Thanks Venom121212 i will take a look now on the thread

yes i will do everything with CNC machine, in alluminum, but you know cnc are expensive, so i prefer to test the size with plastic components, and than when i’m sure, start the production.

2 Likes