Field weakening is awesome- testers needed

14/44 on TB110
Geared heavily for torque, so FW would be pretty sweet for the occasional turbo-zoom xD

On the little hoyt 5653 motors, I doubt they’ll take it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

is it possible to set the duty cycle to 99% and 1% instead of 95% and 5% for more top speed? What would happen?
@b264 @MysticalDork

3 Likes

I thought both motor is constantly running in different rpm, so if one side reach the limit before the other side, then the board will pull side ways, that would badly? Unless u can get TC to nearly same speed for both motor? Not sure if I have the idea correct

2 Likes

what happens to the VESC if your BMS cuts out while the motor’s BEMF voltage is ~16S?

I doubt he’s using his BMS in discharge.

1 Like

bench testing won’t necessarily indicate real world danger as the rotor has much less momentum… momentum is what “fuels” the bemf voltage…

That scenario is better since when battery is disconnected, all that BEMF voltage difference goes into capacitors as long as esc supports that extra voltage.

Any less than my board completely locking up at 55mph and catching fire instantaneously out of nowhere is a win in my opinion- this is beta firmware after all. I’d expect my board to probably completely lock up and catch fire if anything went wrong. If it fails gracefully that’s great.

2 Likes

there’s some good info in this paper from 2006…

6 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Poach said egg in a lot of butter in the pan. Not that hard.

That being said…

Fires up the field weakening and goes full send

2 Likes

There are a few opensource ones out there for RC Cars and I’ve seen people scale them up for use on Motorcycles and GoKarts.

Edit: This is the one I had in mind (Steve's DIY Dyno - Front End (Software)) but its not entirely opensource.

1 Like

I think you can use an overturned esk8 as a dyno if you hit the brakes.

6 Likes

YES!! this is the one i saw!

5 Likes

FLUX dude! FLUX!
They are doing allllllll right. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

i have shit memory, and most things are unorganized in my brain :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Ups. Memories about Flux? :eyes:

3 Likes

About everything lol

1 Like

:eyes: :man_shrugging: :roll_eyes:

Sounds like heaven haha