Build of the Year 2023 Official - Nominations (SERIOUS)

I’m loving the pure chaos of ESUB. Well done, @shadowfax

3 Likes

I’ll get the 3 nominations updated tomorrow.

In the meantime, I’m thinking it might be fun to get some skin in the game.

@Flyboy DMed to share a totally rad and unique prize.

This is just a community based volunteer prize pool.

I’ll add a prize to the prize pool also. Just something of $25 value I’m not using that maybe someone else would be stoked on.

Prize pool donators will be on the hook for mailing items to winners, but I can help coordinate. Low value and just for fun, unique shit is 100% welcome here. Antisink - hell yeah.

PM me with a pic of what you got if you want to participate in The prize pool. Any international winners will likely need to have a supporting international prize donator, so just keep that in mind. This is for fun, but things may not work out perfectly.

Top 3 to 5 will get to pick from the prize pool. I like prize pool selection because people end up choosing things they can use instead of receiving something that might sit on a shelf.

Lmk what you think.

13 Likes

so-it-begins-raining

3 Likes

The journey to not-so-shitty begins lol

3 Likes

This is all starting to feel very… official…

I’ll throw some unobtainium into the prize pool

7 Likes

I’m nominating @Sobrik3t for barrikade v2. This thing is cool!

BARRIKADE: 4WD Hybrid jumper V2 Update

3 Likes

Adding a note to rules about prize pool.

ANYONE can win SHITTY BOTY. In order to receive pick from the prize pool, you must be a forum regular. If you end up in the top 5 - you get bragging rights, but you don’t get a pick from the prize pool if you haven’t logged in and participated in the community regularly. Who decides? I’m chairman, but there is a secret cabal that is consulted.

2 Likes

@ShutterShock nomming you for Inazuma.

Inazuma 稲妻: Raceboard Phase Two - RE44 | BNAT | 3-Links | 18s6p | SKP SOLO - DIY Builds

it was fun seeing Inazuma come together while I was building my red ember 44 build - loud zoomi boi

@glyphiks
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+ - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 Likes

My build of 2023 submission :

• Keeps giving me random errors.
  • Gears are very noisy.
  • Free roll is terrible.
  • Absolutely sensorless little thing.
  • Very shitty little short board.
13 Likes

Thanks! I’ll post up a picture tonight - I liked seeing yours come together too, you gonna bring it to esk8con? (if you’re coming)

You’re forgetting that it is a constant money pit and always requires your attention

1 Like

Yep I’m coming to esk8con and the loud zoomi boi will be coming too. It’s mega fun and dialed in right now. The only thing I might add is a foot strap up front

2 Likes

I bet the battery life is great and only gets better with time

1 Like

Thanks Jason. This is a dope prize.

Just so people are aware. Let’s keep the prizes out of this thread.

The focus here is the builds.

At the end, I’ll post up what all the prizes are and who donated them, and who chose them from the prize pool. :grin:

If you have a prize, please DM me a picture. I’ll add it to the spreadsheet

3 Likes

@alankerr I would have nominated the shit out of your lacroix if you had a build thread in 2023. :sob:

1 Like

I nominate The loud zoomy boi!!!

Its super cool to see boards pushing the voltage limits of the controllers we have available to us, plus i really love the photos of this guy next to @zero_ads semendeed! :rofl:

It would seem that there are a significant number of race specific boards built this year… i remember @BenjaminF laughed it off as a category choice… he may have been right last year, but it’s super exciting to see that it’s becoming a thing!

@shadowfax you can send my bribe to

Glyph iks
Australia

3 Likes

What can I say, I’m an out of touch loser :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thank you kindly for the nom. Your bribe is in the mail :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Well when you put it that way, I guess you’re right!

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:. I’m flattered and damn…
I’m always late to the party! @jack.luis always hounds me to start a build thread. Said I broke the golden rule of naming a board without one. :man_shrugging:t2:
Maybe next year? Got a new beast in works and it’s already got a name. Hahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl:
What can I say? I’m a maverick, can’t follow rules, especially on my builds. :crazy_face:
Thanks anyways! I appreciate the shoutout.

5 Likes

They do look good together

7 Likes