Did I forget to put one on again, Dad?

1 Like

yes. not wearing one is dangerous

signed,
a hypocrite

1 Like

Something something future-crimes.

2 Likes

I will offer my body and skillz… gonna need a sponsor though :joy::joy: as I currently don’t own a race board.

1 Like

Fantasic video by @janpom , I’m very jealous of the friendly gokart track owners ya’ll got in Europe

3 Likes

You have an area like this and yet complaining?! :face_with_monocle:

When I want to practice, I have to get up at 6am and head up to the IKEA parking lot. It’s empty before the opening hours.

Thanks for sharing my vid. Here’s some more.

This one is from the board view:

9 Likes

haha yeah I should be more appreciative for pier 76. What im most jealous of is not having to setup the track every time lol

Also these videos are sick, I may have to try your video+GPS setup soon.

Was your track big enough to allow for passing safely? In your opinion

1 Like

That go kart track is actually pretty cool. No doubt about it. The problem is that we don’t get access to it other than for esk8 racing events, which is 1-2 times a year.

I definitely recommend it. And it doesn’t require much. You just need GoPro 5 or newer (maybe not too new; those have some issues) and install RaceChrono.

I think the track size wasn’t the issue, yet it wasn’t easy to overtake. This was mainly due to how even the race was. If you’re significantly faster than the guy ahead of you, it’s easy to overtake. If you are barely faster though, it’s challenging, especially when the guy ahead of you sticks to the optimal path.

We’ve talked about this with guys and one idea is to have a joker lap as in the rally cross. Once in the race, each racer needs to take an extended route. That opens more opportunities for changing the standings.

2 Likes

I really like this idea, may give it a shot

1 Like

That’s pretty intense, sounds like an hour of work per board at least

Is this similar to what would happen for gokarting?

In lieu of the point of the thread, there are a lot of things in your comments that make sense to have checked. Maybe there would be some kind of way to have the riders pre-check some things, like submit their pulley / gear tooth count before, mark it with some kind of identification, and then compare at the race.

Max top speed is an interesting concept, would it be defined in different classes? EG 30mph class, 40mph class, 50+?

Can we even reach those speeds on track? What are reasonable speed limits?

2 Likes

Jason, this is more suited to professional racing where there is a lot of sponsor $ involved and millions of viewers. I do not think we are there yet, It needs to be simple and easy for the competitor and the organizer!

9 Likes

Woohooo! I’m your man!

Aaaaactually I’m busy that day :grimacing:

4 Likes

My same thoughts lol

Imagine counting teeth on stooge gears

1 Like

No one would come to my races if I implemented this.

I check for helmets, tell people to get off the track, and I duct tape/ zip tie Lapmonitor beacons to vehicles.

6 Likes

Dude, if you’re not verifying the actual voltages at ESC with multimeter (or similar device) then it’s time you took a long hard look at yourself.

1 Like

If he’s not checking top speeds or anything why is that relevant lol

Obviously they’re doing casual races

Also - sometimes it’s not so simple to just check voltage on some of the prebuilts

yeah dude, the races are super casual and they’re agility races. the highest speed you’re going to hit is maybe 16mph, so even a 6s board can hit those speeds. The only thing we would be considering is the type of trucks they’re using as trampa style trucks and DKP are at a huge advantage.

1 Like

Yeah you can’t do that

Also if anyone is racing on a prebuilt they are mostly non-configurable

1 Like

A good track design nullifies top speed as an advantage. In my races, your trucks and wheels are everything

he was being sarcastic lmao

I’m gonna start checking everyones batteries to make sure they’re balanced before the race lol

4 Likes