ENNOID XLITE & VESC

Probably it‘s just symbolic and it would be a female USB-A

2 Likes

The cheapest USB - Micro B I could find was $0.055.
The cheapest USB - Type C I could find was $0.150.
Both are at 100+ quantity, $0.10 on a presumably a $60 or more BMS is nothing to me, even if you end up making it 2$ more expensive because of usb-c I would pay that happily.

3 Likes

Who said 60$? …more like 150$ No way this can be sold for 60$

Whats 10 cents on a $150 bms?

1 Like

link for 100pcs @0.15$?

For instance: https://lcsc.com/product-detail/Others_Korean-Hroparts-Elec-TYPE-C-31-M-17_C283540.html

Lets vote.

(cost more as the detail should include what it is that the cost is related too:

Usb-c is smaller almost 4 times smaller and plugs in both ways… (and it’s what x40 times faster/future proof/smaller on the PCB) it’s also a extremely functonal component to have on a PCB.

1 Like

Exactly… And were talking about something that directly benfits everyone and any future development.

spongebob-ight

Jk jk. Still stoked this is getting made. Cool shit now, price later :grin:

5 Likes

It’s only faster if you add a lot more stuff to the circuit to implement the full USB 3.2 protocol.

If you’re only changing the physical connector I don’t think it’s faster, but it can definitely still be better.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link… I will have a look at LCSC more often.I just discoveres them 2 weeks ago.They offer some parts for 1/3 of the digikey/mouser/arrow price tag. This might help me to get price lower…

5 Likes

yeah exactly, once the R&D & inventory cost are covered, prices can go down. This needs time & optimization. This will come…

3 Likes

I will buy several. :flushed:

+1 Type C. Will happily pay extra for Type C

I think most (if not all) the Non Type C votes are the mandatory second vote (should have made the poll single vote only)

(You can tell because 100% of the votes cast are for Type C lol)

6 Likes

Can confirm, that is exactly what happened with me haha.

5 Likes

I did that on purpose to show what other not-USB-C option people would “be cool with” if it absolutely had to happen.

2 Likes

I admire the use of rank-choice-voting, though the discourse system is not exactly perfectly equipped for it, as there is no way to indicate the rank of one’s choices :joy:

2 Likes

Agree 100%. I thought requiring a second choice meant we’d get some other actual useful information besides “make it USB-C”.

1 Like

Workaround: give every choice two times for selecting…

Probably a rookie question but what the advantages of this vs like a Chinese smart BMS. How much would a 12s one cost?