ENNOID XLITE & VESC

The XLITE-12 and XLITE-24 samples arrived today. Thanks @ENNOID. Hopefully soon to be fully supported by DAVEGA. I plan to spend some time on it this week.

14 Likes

Are these going to be supported by the FreeSk8 System as well?

@DerelictRobot would be super cool if they got these to work with their system.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Renee added support for DiebieMS and FlexiBMS already so I can’t see why not. :kissing: Usually just a matter of getting hardware in hand.

2 Likes

@ENNOID, do you please have pinouts for the XLITEs?

The new XLITEs look awesome. And 24S? Gimme now.

Has the fit been tested in a Onewheel BMS compartment? Kinda looks like it should go in but the connectors might be real tight.

There’s a pinout link at the bottom of the page: ENNOID - XLITE

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I didn’t notice they are already in the e-shop.

1 Like

I made a simple enclosure for the XLITE 12S.

5 Likes

Looks great Janpom - can you share so I can print one?

Very good project. for BMS I don’t need the discharge function,I love charging-only version. Can the charging current of the charging-only version of your BMS reach 20A?

yes, according to the specs:

Sure, here you go. I already printed it and the fit is perfect.

xlite-12s-case-top.stl (49.7 KB)

xlite-12s-case-bottom.stl (42.9 KB)

ENNOID-XLITE-12S case v2.step (7.8 MB)

9 Likes

@ENNOID, I spent some time on the XLITE 12S today. I made it work with DAVEGA, which wasn’t too hard. All seems to be working well so far. The only issue is the BMS temperature reading, which shows -50 Celsius (both in the ENNOID-Tool and when queried over CAN). Is there any extra setup required to make it work correctly?

1 Like

Hi,

On the XLITE boards, there are 1 or 2 external temperature sensors inputs for the 12S & 24S boards respectively. On XLITE, you must use external sensor and get the “T BATT” values instead. Please define with the tool app “general->Sensors->Temp sensor per board = 1”
Values should be visible in the VESC tool over CAN or USB and EBMS tool over USB in the real time data tab.

There is simply no internal BMS temperature monitoring and no humidity monitoring on the X-LITE. So, the value “T BMS” will always stay at the default startup value which is -50C. BMS board temperature monitoring is only available on discharge boards. You should not have any issue with overheating during the charging/balancing process.

2 Likes

I see. Okay, thanks for explaining.

1 Like

Sorry but price is not reasonable for charge only BMS to over 2 times more expensive than full smart bms with built in BT, all charge and discharge controls, built in can and other protocols, incl in 100euro price GPS module with 4g simcard that works world wide and allows remote access, Control and tracking and can be placed next to bms inside battery! All of that cost 2 times less than one tiny charge only bms. That’s not reasonable for Xlite. Oh yeah, it has also bluetooth app that allows you to set it any way you want as well as all possible protections on main and on each balancing wire. fun. Oh yeah and Active balancing of up to 600ma or 2a depending on version. and oh yea also has display if you want for it. And that is already higher price bms at 70-90usd with free shipping. Compare it to basic device like Xlite that is asking 180usd for me is just not reasonable - it has 100 less futures and has one future to offer - VESC integration.

I used to think Vesc integration is must have, I was wrong. it is ONLY desired for basic bms that is charge only, but than they should be priced at 200%.

THE ONLY person that would opt for it must be using VESC and must have 0 space for bms - and that is only going to last as business until bms FW finds its way with china. Suddenly so many will release charge only bms that cost 50usd (since circuitry is super basic and FW is open source)

Why this hate? I don’t get it…

Let’s do a car analogy:

• you can buy a Chevrolet spark for 13 000$
  • You can buy a Bugatti Chiron for 3 000 000$

Both cars can bring you from point A to point B. The chevrolet can offer a more confortable ride, consume less petrol, has more space inside and can sit 5 adults instead of 2. So according to you, the Bugatti is a pure shit car and the chevrolet spark is a dream come true… basically, anything other than a Chevrolet spark is a shit car and overly expensive. OK, I got it now. Your inputs are pure revelation to us.

10 Likes

Yo dog, where can one find this BMS? My interest is piqued.

5 Likes

All that venting and not a single word about reliability?
About customer service and response to questions?

It seems that you are a huge fan of features, lots and lots of features. Those things might be the least important part of any product though.

If the device fails or you have problems setting it up or using it then all the features in the world mean absolutely nothing.

There is a lot more to a good product than all that stuff you listed. And just in case you weren’t aware…you don’t have to buy this device. Like the millions of other things that don’t have the features or price you want you are perfectly free to just ignore it. There’s something more going on here than meets the eye…

10 Likes

Very cool looking unit. Can’t wait to use it and see how it integrates.

6 Likes